STOP TELLING PEOPLE YOU CAN'T TELL 192AAC VS LOSSLESS ILL PROVE IT
Feb 14, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #226 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 80GB iPod holds 3,000 songs in lossless. That's enough for me to take on the road.

But hey - to each his or her own.

Yeah, my 60GB currently has about 2,600 songs on there the majority of which are lossless. More space would be nice but I don't find it too limiting.

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #227 of 463
I hate to ask noob question but can you get lossless with X-Fi or X-Meridian and if so how?

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #228 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by mirumu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, my 60GB currently has about 2,600 songs on there the majority of which are lossless. More space would be nice but I don't find it too limiting.

My 30GB has more 3800 songs on it, the majority are at least 225 vBr mp3 and ACC. I can't leave any music off my iPod, they would feel left out!
eggosmile.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #229 of 463
I love the way the argument went from 192=Lossless to 192~Lossless. People were so convinced that no one can here the difference between 192 and lossless, now they say "well its good enough". Not for me, I intend to listen to music the way the producers intended.

What pisses me off about the whole MP3 age is that mastering engineers are now using dynamic compression to the extreme such that MP3's of their work sound like lossless. The loudness race has flourished because people listen to MP3's on crappy earbuds and flimsy speakers. If more people had better equipment they wouldn't listen to MP3's and they wouldn't stand for the loud compressed mastering.

MP3's have destroyed the music industry, it is time to drive lossy codec's to extinction. Head-Fi members are pioneers in that they own equipment where good mastered lossless music is better than compressed loudness war MP3's. Can't the music industry see that if they released music mastered properly we would PAY for the CD instead of stealing an MP3 ? Hopefuly we are the start of a trend towards quality in the music industry.

I commend the members of Head-fi, who refuse to accept sub-par quality in their music.

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #230 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the way the argument went from 192=Lossless to 192~Lossless. People were so convinced that know one can here the difference between 192 and lossless, now they say "well its good enough". Not for me, I intend to listen to music the way the producers intended.

What pisses me off about the whole MP3 age is that mastering engineers are now using dynamic compression to the extreme such that MP3's of their work sound like lossless. The loudness race has flourished because people listen to MP3's on crappy earbuds and flimsy speakers. If more people had better equipment they wouldn't listen to MP3's and they wouldn't stand for the loud compressed mastering.

MP3's have destroyed the music industry, it is time to drive lossy codec's to extinction. Head-Fi members are pioneers in that they own equipment where good mastered lossless music is better than compressed loudness war MP3's. Can't the music industry see that if they released music mastered properly we would PAY for the CD instead of stealing an MP3 ? Hopefuly we are the start of a trend towards quality in the music industry.

I commend the members of Head-fi, who refuse to accept sub-par quality in their music.

I respect what you are saying, and your passion. However, I think MP3 and digital distribution has improved the industry - for the customer. A few record companies controlling everything is not good for anyone. Now everyone can get their music out and that is good.

I personally LOVE the model of not buying a full CD. That said, I like the model that livephish, liveprimus, etc use. One price for MP3 and one for FLAC. To me this solves your issue (quality) and mine (being able to buy a song and not a full crappy CD).

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #231 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to ask noob question but can you get lossless with X-Fi or X-Meridian and if so how?

They're soundcards so broadly speaking all output is inherently lossless. It's what you feed them that matters. If you use MP3s, AACs or lossy WMA for your music files then you've lost something (most of which is probably inaudible) before the music even gets to your soundcard. If you use CDs, FLAC, ALAC, wav, aiff or any of the other non-lossy formats for your music files then your sound card will pass this on to your DAC/amp/speakers/headphones with as little degradation as it can.

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #232 of 463
Quote:

I love the way the argument went from 192=Lossless to 192~Lossless. People were so convinced that know one can here the difference between 192 and lossless, now they say "well its good enough". Not for me, I intend to listen to music the way the producers intended.

I LOVE YOU TOO!

my next thread PEOPLE I LOVE! you are right you cant tell , you cant tell then well I want more files it's good enough.

Too completely different arguments IMO.

TROSE IS THE TONE KING!........ lets all joins hands coooombaya my lory cooooombaaaayaaaa!

Now can anyone help me do the ABX test on my rig. I have a MAC so I am not and cant sync my IPOD on my company PC. Which Im sure I already violated like twenty company policys in the last two days.
cool.gif

I would like to complete Febs tests on my rig!

As a side note I Just got back from my Ear Doctor and have some swelling and dullness in my Right ear. Imagine if I was 100% LOL!

Maybe I have Bionic Ears and they were switched at birth!
280smile.gif

Just kidding. PLease keep the 192 is good enough for another thread.

Im sure I will come up a good enough reason thats not true but not today!

Feb 14, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #233 of 463
Quote:

I think it is good that people listens to mp3, it makes people take the music with them and enjoy it more, because I think it is about listening to music and enjoy it, not analyze it! If you always listening with a critical ear then you are never able to really enjoy the music, listen to th MUSIC not the DETAILS! If you are not used to listen to hi end gear you can ceratenly enjoy music out of white iPod earbuds.

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #234 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As a side note I Just got back from my Ear Doctor

reading some of your posts, and especially the ones in this thread, you might want to visit another doctor as well......
blink.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #235 of 463
Trose, I've spent less than 2 hours total on this forum and in one thread you've made me hate you...
You should think about how you present your opinion, and present it as opinion, and not fact. There's nothing wrong with presenting an opinion my man, but presenting it as a fact is a different matter.
Happy St. Valentines day regardless, stay warm!

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #236 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurra1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it is good that people listens to mp3, it makes people take the music with them and enjoy it more, because I think it is about listening to music and enjoy it, not analyze it! If you always listening with a critical ear then you are never able to really enjoy the music, listen to th MUSIC not the DETAILS! If you are not used to listen to hi end gear you can ceratenly enjoy music out of white iPod earbuds.

You like background music. When I listen to music, that's all I do and I'm not being analytical. Try listening to music without doing anything else.

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #237 of 463
Ha Ha, you are so wrong! I love sitting and listening intensively on music, but the thing I have noticed is that if I am to picky with the sound (wich I am, but don't want to be
blink.gif
) then it just makes me nervous because if I hear something I don't think sounds good I can't listen to it (like bad recordings that I could listen to before) this is in my way of seeing it not good. So nowadays im trying more to just enjoy and not care to much if there are some artefacts or something in the music.

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #238 of 463
Quote:

You like background music. When I listen to music, that's all I do and I'm not being analytical. Try listening to music without doing anything else.

You're suggesting that someone who can enjoy music on poor equipment isn't listening? Give me a break. Give me a lousy coltrane recording with an ipod and crappy earbuds over some wonderful recording of wynton marsalis using whatever you decide is the best possible gear any day of the week. And wanting to have music with you in any situation doesn't mean that you don't listen, or are somehow more pedestrian. If you don't understand that life frequently requires compromise, perhaps you should consider having your meds rebalanced.

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #239 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by hudsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trose, I've spent less than 2 hours total on this forum and in one thread you've made me hate you...
You should think about how you present your opinion, and present it as opinion, and not fact. There's nothing wrong with presenting an opinion my man, but presenting it as a fact is a different matter.
Happy St. Valentines day regardless, stay warm!

Dont Hate me! I guess it's my DJ days coming out! Flamboyant, arrogant pain in the ars. The funny thing that thats really not me at all.

I am passionate at everything I do and submerge myself probably to unhealthy levels when I am trying to accomplish or prove something.

I will also openly admit I suffer from some OCD and can really get stuck on something when there is no need too. It like a needle being stuck in the grove skipping over and over and you need to bump it to get it to continue on.

So just BUMP me a bit! Ill be Fine!!! Im really a nice guy and hope I dont get jumped in an alley at the NYC meet!

I will ease up on the rudeness again it;s not really me I just get sooooo focused I cant help it.

I might becoming the nest Patrick82?
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #240 of 463
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maschuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
reading some of your posts, and especially the ones in this thread, you might want to visit another doctor as well......
blink.gif
tongue.gif

GEEEEEZE im I that nuts!!!!!!!

OK I FORMALLY [size=medium]Apologize[/size] to anyone and everyone I have offended pee'd off or razzed in this or any thread!

I love being a part of the Head-fi community and have no right to judge others or there decisions based on my own opinions!

Im am just a Passionate person and a bit over zealous!

Hope you all will forgive me!
280smile.gif

DID I JUST SAY THAT OUTLOUD!!!!!!
3000smile.gif

Just kiddin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back