Stolen headphones, hope you enjoy them jerk
Aug 17, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #47 of 90
Sorry ,but it serves you right for going on a bus.I have used my Harley for 25 years ,and never lost anything,i even left my igrado's on the seat when i went for a beer,,Maybe no one touched them in case i was a member of the H.A.
devil_face.gif
You should be able to claim them on your house insurance, I hope he gets tintinitus before me .

Aug 17, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #48 of 90
I fail to see how this is relevant.  IMHO, we need more mass transit and people need to use it more.  It's better for traffic, better for energy use, and better for the atmosphere.

Quote:
Sorry ,but it serves you right for going on a bus.

Aug 17, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #50 of 90

Quote:
Sorry ,but it serves you right for going on a bus.I have used my Harley for 25 years ,and never lost anything,i even left my igrado's on the seat when i went for a beer,,Maybe no one touched them in case i was a member of the H.A.
devil_face.gif
You should be able to claim them on your house insurance, I hope he gets tintinitus before me .

I ride the bus because I got a DUI several months ago. Even with the bus ride, I walk 7 miles round trip a day to work, 35 miles a week. I'm learning my lesson the hard way. I don't see why riding the bus is the wrong. My job understands that I go through a great deal to be there, on time, everyday. Never been late, never missed a day. And for any matter, there are many benefits to public transportation. I don't deal with traffic, it's cheap, and I've lost over 20 pounds (I was a little overweight, but I'm a rock now). Just this one occasion I got screwed. I'm not happy about it, but these things happen.

Aug 17, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #51 of 90
Thats why i use my headphones mainly for home listening. I used to wear cheap Iems on the bus. 
Sorry for your loss buddy. 

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #53 of 90
My county will give me a restricted license, after I complete ASAP. It's just the law here. In December, I'll be able to drive, well to work and back. Like I said, I'm paying for my mistakes.

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #54 of 90

Get your CCW permit.

are you implying that if someone's careless about his bag in a bus and has it stolen, he should get his gun off his belt and shoot the thief like a dog? Would you call it "self-defense"? What if the guy has a gun too? yay, I can see what's going terribly wrong in countries that allow anyone to pack iron.

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #55 of 90

Quote:
Get your CCW permit.

I misunderstood that. I thought you were talking about a restricted license.

They're just headphones. I'd never shoot someone in the back like that. And as is my understanding, having a permit for a gun is self defense. I'd be in a load of trouble. And god forbid I hit the cans I was trying to save. 
wink_face.gif

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #56 of 90
I understand the guy who said get a CCW. THIS time it is your headphones, next time your wallet or your LIFE. There are some idiots out there that will do anything for a bit of change, I personally would rather be safe then sorry.

Let me reiterate: I don't think you should pull the trigger on someone over a pair of headphones but you never know about these criminals.

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #57 of 90

Quote:

are you implying that if someone's careless about his bag in a bus and has it stolen, he should get his gun off his belt and shoot the thief like a dog? Would you call it "self-defense"? What if the guy has a gun too? yay, I can see what's going terribly wrong in countries that allow anyone to pack iron.

I don't want to get too political here on head fi, but I don't think you should just let someone take your belongings. No, you can't just go off and shoot some for it either. You could follow them off the bus; tell them you are armed; and advise them to drop your bag. 

Edit: I should probably add a disclaimer that this isn't really a good idea. Even though you have been victimized, it could be construed as illegal to threaten the crook. The laws are tilted to the criminal's advantage. They know honest hard working people don't want to risk incarceration or having to waste time and money on legal defense.

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #58 of 90

Quote:
I don't want to get too political here on head fi, but I don't think you should just let someone take your belongings. No, you can't just go off and shoot some for it either. You could follow them off the bus; tell them you are armed; and advise them to drop your bag. 

That sound like fun. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back