Stolen headphones, hope you enjoy them jerk
Aug 17, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #33 of 90

Quote:
Have you heard about the Sennheiser HD801? They have a remote self destruct function. Perfect when you ride a bus in dodgy areas!

Why would anyone self-destruct their precious $1400+ headphones? Let's torture his wallet instead. I'd go for the Head-Fi subliminal messaging. He'll suddenly have the urge to upgrade, and you know where google will lead him 
devil_face.gif

But then he realizes he doesn't have the money because he's a thief so every night he suffers from "ear depression" because he cannot obtain better equipment to satisfy his aural pleasure. He can no longer enjoy 128 kbps mp3's as he had once before. He later commits suicide.
beerchug.gif
 Ear depression kills!

Aug 17, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #36 of 90
That sucks.

Some people will take anything that's not nailed down.  That's why when I put my bag down, I'll usually have my hand or my foot through one of the straps.  I have had all kinds of things stolen from me.  Nothing of significant value (thank god) but it's annoying.  Several years ago, someone stole my toothbrush.  I still don't understand that one.  WHY WOULD ANYONE TAKE SOMETHING THAT'S BEEN IN SOMEONE ELSE'S MOUTH!?!

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:44 AM Post #37 of 90
Aug 17, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #38 of 90
Thieves by their nature and 'craft' are master opportunists, so the trick is A) don't advertise your valuables to thieves and B) make sure to limit their window of opportunity for an easy steal. 

I don't mean to sound harsh but the people who don't respect these harsh realities figuratively speaking are simply begging to have their stuff stolen.

Having said that it sucks that you're stuff got swiped and I hope thieving scumbags everywhere get what's coming to them.

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #40 of 90
I had my calculator stolen out of my backpack when I was a sophmore in college.  I understand where you are coming from - it sucks.  For me it was more about the inconvenience than anything else.  The best you can do is learn from the experience and move on - as you said yourself, it just something material that can be replaced.

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #41 of 90
To clarify, it was a Richmond GRTC bus. For the past 10 years they've won awards for safety (they proudly display this fact on every bus). I've never seen anyone get robbed. Hell, I've never seen an argument on the bus. 90%of the riders are going or coming from work. I've met some very interesting people while riding, and while I wouldn't call them 'friends', I see the same people often and can enjoy a conversation on my way to work. It was the last bus of the night, and it never gets past 1/4 full.

It was a crime of opportunity. I got off work and put my backpack next to me (and to answer another post, when the bus gets full, I hold onto it; I would never deny someone a seat). Like the police told me, he probably was hoping for a laptop, iPod, money, wallet, etc.. I bet he wasn't expecting a pair of Ultrasones. Time to get another pair I guess. Next time, I'm gonna handcuff my backpack to me, like a briefcase full of important documents.

beerchug.gif

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #42 of 90
sorry for your loss dude crap happens once in a while
the important thing is life goes on and its just material
consider it an early christmas gift to the fag whole stole it
just be more catious next time

Aug 17, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #45 of 90

Quote:
To clarify, it was a Richmond GRTC bus. For the past 10 years they've won awards for safety (they proudly display this fact on every bus). I've never seen anyone get robbed. Hell, I've never seen an argument on the bus. 90%of the riders are going or coming from work. I've met some very interesting people while riding, and while I wouldn't call them 'friends', I see the same people often and can enjoy a conversation on my way to work. It was the last bus of the night, and it never gets past 1/4 full.

It was a crime of opportunity. I got off work and put my backpack next to me (and to answer another post, when the bus gets full, I hold onto it; I would never deny someone a seat). Like the police told me, he probably was hoping for a laptop, iPod, money, wallet, etc.. I bet he wasn't expecting a pair of Ultrasones. Time to get another pair I guess. Next time, I'm gonna handcuff my backpack to me, like a briefcase full of important documents.

beerchug.gif

VIRGINIA? I LIVE THERE! OH NO! NOT MY HEADPHONES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back