Stolen headphones, hope you enjoy them jerk
Aug 16, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #16 of 90
Very sorry to hear that - it's an awful feeling to have something stolen. It might be a longshot, but check with your homeowner's or renter's policy (if you have one) to see if the theft is covered. Might be a longshot, but worth checking.

Aug 16, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #17 of 90
That totally sucks.  I feel for you.  At least you're alive and in good health (I hope).  I remember when the iPod first came out, some thug killed a kid for the iPod.

Aug 16, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #18 of 90
Thanks for all the sympathy. In the long run, losing headphones isn't the worst thing that can happen. I can buy new ones, and the real cost is just some money. I've called all the local pawn shops, and have a craigslist app on my phone. Some things can't be replaced, but at least I lost a pair of cans, and not something more valuable.

Aug 16, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #19 of 90
Quote:
That totally sucks.  I feel for you.  At least you're alive and in good health (I hope).  I remember when the iPod first came out, some thug killed a kid for the iPod.

Yeah, it's like when Grand Theft Auto IV hit the stores at midnight. Some thug shot a guy who recently purchased it and ran, so he wouldn't have to wait in the huge line, or risk not getting it until back in stock. It's really sad what some humans will do.

Quote:
Thanks for all the sympathy. In the long run, losing headphones isn't the worst thing that can happen. I can buy new ones, and the real cost is just some money. I've called all the local pawn shops, and have a craigslist app on my phone. Some things can't be replaced, but at least I lost a pair of cans, and not something more valuable.

Wow, I'm really sorry about your headphones.

Against the normal human emotion of anger and hate, I was going to tell you to "look at the bright side", but you seem to be taking this very well. I'm glad you have the important things in perspective, and realize all material things are bought from little pieces of paper, and that's all. So I'm glad you are "moving along", yet again, I'm sorry about all that has happened.

Well done. You have class.

Aug 16, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #20 of 90
What a scummer.

I can def. relate - I had my house broken into a few weeks ago and they stole my messenger bag (presumably to carry more of my belongings in).  My SE530's AND my good old e2c's were in one of the pockets along with my trusty 5 year old ipod.

Aug 17, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #21 of 90

Quote:

ipod?  i don't remember but i remember someone got shot for their tennis shoe.  remember a new pair of jordan cost like 300 dollars?

sorry about your lost

Aug 17, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #23 of 90
Sorry to hear about your loss, but I would imagine that theft on public transportation shouldn't really be all too uncommon. If I ever ride on a bus, I'd be guarding all my possessions like a hawk. But then again, I live in L.A.

Aug 17, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #25 of 90
Now you've done it. His life is going to be ruined. That thief's wallet will go down the drain once he slips them on and converts. He'll google for headphones and will land in a place called Head-Fi, asking for what headphones he should get, which he'll later learn there is more to it than just headphones. He'll wish he never stole those headphones. He's cursed I tell you.

I doubt it lol, unless you slip a piece of information in your backpack that draws him into head-fi
very_evil_smiley.gif
Doesn't the buses have security cameras? At least in Chicago we do.

Aug 17, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #26 of 90

Quote:
Now you've done it. His life is going to be ruined. That thief's wallet will go down the drain once he slips them on and converts. He'll google for headphones and will land in a place called Head-Fi, asking for what headphones he should get, which he'll later learn there is more to it than just headphones. He'll wish he never stole those headphones. He's cursed I tell you.

I doubt it lol, unless you slip a piece of information in your backpack that draws him into head-fi
very_evil_smiley.gif
Doesn't the buses have security cameras? At least in Chicago we do.

I love this post! So don't worry you have done this thief harm as well!

Aug 17, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #27 of 90

Quote:
Very sorry to hear that - it's an awful feeling to have something stolen. It might be a longshot, but check with your homeowner's or renter's policy (if you have one) to see if the theft is covered. Might be a longshot, but worth checking.

My renter's insurance covers items in just this way. Great suggestion, Erik.

Aug 17, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #28 of 90

Quote:
My renter's insurance covers items in just this way. Great suggestion, Erik.

Hate to throw a 'spanner in the works', but usually there is a deductible that is likely more than the cost of the phones.
confused_face.gif

Aug 17, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #29 of 90

Quote:
Hate to throw a 'spanner in the works', but usually there is a deductible that is likely more than the cost of the phones.
confused_face.gif

Most home insurance has higher deductibles, but renters insurance is usually lower. Mine is only $100.

Aug 17, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #30 of 90
Sorry to hear that, bummer.  But that'll teach you to keep your headphones where they belong, on your head...... well the bright side may be that it is time for an upgrade. 

Good luck, i hate getting ripped off, totally sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back