Stockholm mini-meet 11-12th September - Mark your calendars!
Jan 17, 2009 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 104

struts

100+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if there were any Swedish head-fi members interested in getting together. I poked around a bit on this board but couldn't find any record of a Swedish meet being attempted, apologies if I missed it.

My suggestion is that we could get together informally at or in conjunction with the upcoming Sheraton Hifi show in Stockholm in February (I think it is the weekend of the 14th/15th Feb) where members could at least meet up and make contacts.

If there is sufficient support maybe we could look at organizing a canjam at some point in the future.

Any interest?
atsmile.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #2 of 104
It would be very fun to meet some people who share the interest
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I've been planning to visit Sheraton also, so that date would probably work for me.

Jan 17, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 104
I'm in for a meet! And I think the Sheraton Hifi show date is open for me.

Also, I have been having conversations with sango a good while ago about meeting up to listen to his nice STAX collection. Would be good to have him onboard as well. He's in Stockholm too.

Jan 18, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #6 of 104
Jag! Det skulle vara mycket trevlig!

No, I'm from Finland
frown.gif

If there were even as much volume here as in Sweden.. Hmm..

Anyway, sounds fun!

Jan 18, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #8 of 104
Thank you for the invite! I'd really enjoy it, plus I haven't taken the ferry there for a long time
smily_headphones1.gif

Earliest i have the time though, wouldn't be until early june, so that's a no no
frown.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #10 of 104
I was writing about the Dallas meeting that took place this past weekend and I notice this thread. Since English is not your native language, although you all write better than I do, are you gentlemen on this forum because it is the most comprehensive one related to headphone listening?

Feb 13, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #11 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by auee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was writing about the Dallas meeting that took place this past weekend and I notice this thread. Since English is not your native language, although you all write better than I do, are you gentlemen on this forum because it is the most comprehensive one related to headphone listening?

Yes "because it is the most comprehensive one related to headphone listening" is my reason.

So, tomorrow is getting closer. I will be at Sheraton some time during the day. Will anyone else of you guys be there?

Feb 14, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #12 of 104
After all this it looks like I am not going to be able to make it. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHH!

I have been away all week in the Far East and got home to find the whole family in bed with fevers and winter vomiting sickness so I have been running an infirmary here since Thursday. If everyone stages a miraculous recovery I will try to make it down for a couple of hours around lunchtime tomorrow.

Hope some of you manage to get together and check out the headphone news. If the new HD800s are being demmed I'll be VERY JEALOUS!!!

Have fun and please report back. If it looks like I'm going to make it against the odds I'll post to this threead.

Feb 14, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #13 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by struts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After all this it looks like I am not going to be able to make it. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHH!

I have been away all week in the Far East and got home to find the whole family in bed with fevers and winter vomiting sickness so I have been running an infirmary here since Thursday. If everyone stages a miraculous recovery I will try to make it down for a couple of hours around lunchtime tomorrow.

Hope some of you manage to get together and check out the headphone news. If the new HD800s are being demmed I'll be VERY JEALOUS!!!

Have fun and please report back. If it looks like I'm going to make it against the odds I'll post to this threead.

Unfortunately I didn't meet anyone from here
frown.gif

They didn't have HD800 either, but they did have: Denon 1/2/5/7000, Ultrasone HFI-670 (I think), K701, Sony CD2000. I was impressed with the denons, especially 5000 and 7000. The real stars of the show was the speakers though (especially TAD). Some of them was REALLY good. The resolution/detail and realism was above anything I've heard before. The speakers made me realize how much I'm missing with my headphones/how much more information CDs contain. The price difference between my headphones and those speakers is huge though.

Jul 8, 2009 at 11:14 AM Post #14 of 104
Good news! I have coopted a sponsor/host for a small Stockholm meet in September. We're looking at a Friday/Saturday and the current proposal is the 11-12th (although that may change).

Minimally I am expecting the following cans to be on show:
Orpheus, HE 60, K1000, LA2000, HD 800

Please register interest here or PM me. Please indicate if your interest would be in simply attending or if you would be interested in bringing gear and if so, what.

Jul 8, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #15 of 104
^ Sweet!
I would love to attend. Meet up with more fellow Head-Fi'ers and audition the HE90, HE60, HD800 and more.
Sadly I am fully booked the weekend September 4-5th, but available the following two weekends (September 11-13 and 18-20).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back