Still can't decide. ATH-FC7's? K26 P's? KSC-75's?
Mar 27, 2006 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

PYROphonez

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I'm starting to get more and more into my music every day, and my stock creative earbuds don't cut it.

I want to buy some new headphones for my zen micro. I listen to mainly rock music. I want something comfortable, that will sound good for being in the $60 price range.

I was considering getting the ATH-FC7's, the K 26 P's, and the K81 DJ's.

I was also considering possibly getting a cmoy amp for about 40 bucks (in a fancy little plastic case, OPA2227, 1000uF power caps, and gold plated jacks) and some KSC-75's or some other cheap cans (preferably closed or at least just semi-open), making this combo a bit cheaper than the other three 'phones, but giving me an amp to work with.

My question to you guys is, which method would make me happier while listening with my zen micro?

If it would be better to just get a pair of headphones with no amp, which should I get, considering I listen to rock music and want to get some better sound out of it.

If it would be better to get a cheaper pair of headphones with an amp, what kind of headphones would you suggest to go with it?

Mar 27, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 15
Amps make your portable rigs a tad heavier. Thus, I suggest no amps if so.

FC7 for the win. Most durable on your list and the cheapest.

Or you can go for the KSC75's but no isolation sucks depending on where you are.

Mar 27, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 15
Thanks for responding. That truly was the headphone I was aiming for. Then people were saying, no get the K81 DJ's, but those look too big for portable use.

Should I buy from bluetin? I think they have the cheapest.

Mar 27, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #4 of 15
Yeah, Bluetin rules. I'll buy them as well so you don't feel left out.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #8 of 15
I decided to buy from audiocubes instead. I just feel safer buying from them. The whole bluetin site is making me kinda worried. I want to think its a legitimate site, and I've heard great reviews about it, but it's just worrying me. I guess I'll spend the extra few bucks at audiocubes.

Mar 27, 2006 at 8:27 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
I decided to buy from audiocubes instead. I just feel safer buying from them. The whole bluetin site is making me kinda worried. I want to think its a legitimate site, and I've heard great reviews about it, but it's just worrying me. I guess I'll spend the extra few bucks at audiocubes.

I know that bluetin seems rather unprofessional, but I have bought from them before, they replied my emails very quickly, were very helpful, and my stuff arrived in perfect condition, so I would definitely recommend them.

Mar 27, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Paolo-
nsjong, how did you manage to rack up $800 CDN on those buds in your 'inventory'?

I can count maybe $400-450.

Mar 27, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #11 of 15
Do you think an amp with those same specs would be worth about 10 bucks? I'm still going to go order those ATH-FC7's today, but for 10 bucks, I might pick up a different amp with the same parts.

Mar 28, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #12 of 15
well, the headphones have been ordered! I didn't really want to spend more than 50 on some 'phones (you guys probably consider that like nothing
tongue.gif
), but so many people gave these amazing reviews, making them sound like they were definitely woth the 64 bucks. I hope I can say the same.

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
well, the headphones have been ordered! I didn't really want to spend more than 50 on some 'phones (you guys probably consider that like nothing
tongue.gif
), but so many people gave these amazing reviews, making them sound like they were definitely woth the 64 bucks. I hope I can say the same.

Good choice. When you get them try them on with something stuffed under the ear pads. Most people find this a bit more comfy and balances out the sound somewhat. I used rolled up tissue and others have used shoelaces.

Mar 28, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #14 of 15
Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I'll find some black foam and shove it under if I think that it needs it. We have a lot of foam in our house for some reason.

Back to my amplifier question. In a previous post, I stated that I can get the same amp as explained in the first post for around 10 bucks. Would it make a big enough difference in sound that it would give me reason to get it? I'm still not sure if I would want it, considering I don't want my portable to be too big, but maybe for airplane rides or extended car rides.

Mar 29, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Paolo-
nsjong, how did you manage to rack up $800 CDN on those buds in your 'inventory'?

2 MP3 players from retail stores = $500

And I've owned a LOT of other headphones. Go check my profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back