Steve Wilson and Mikael Akerfedlt's new project.
May 27, 2010 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dublo7

1000+ Head-Fier
Excerpt taken from this interview: http://www.chordstruckmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=218&Itemid=1

Quote:
"In the meantime, I’ve carried on with my interest in film. I made a film last year about the making of my first solo record, Insurgentes, which became a lot more than just a documentary; it became a film about the state of the industry and what it means to be a musician in the download culture era. [That will] be playing at a lot of festivals this summer which is very gratifying.” Wilson doesn’t seem to rest. If he’s not touring with Porcupine Tree, he’s off working on solo material, producing other bands or doing one of his side projects like Blackfield, Bass Communion and No-Man. Recently, Wilson has collaborated with Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth and Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater.

“I started writing with Mikael [Åkerfeldt] last month, finally. It’s still in the very early days. We wrote about 15 minutes of music last month in my studio near London and we’re very excited about it. I think people are going to be very surprised by the direction. If they’re expecting some kind of death-metal-progressive rock, they’re going to be surprised [because] it’s not like that,” Wilson continues."

Excitement.

I just wonder how long it will take to see the light of day.

May 27, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 4
Nice, will be following this closely. I wasnt that impressed with Insurgentes to be honest, but a combo of Akerfeldt and Wilson is something that can produce wonderful results potentially.

May 27, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Hopefully it will be better than the stuff he's been coming up with lately.

Personally I'd like to see a Blackfield 3.

rolleyes.gif
  Wilson, with his "wanna-be-hip" pseudo-gang flashes:

May 28, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Hopefully it will be better than the stuff he's been coming up with lately.

Personally I'd like to see a Blackfield 3.

Agreed. I thought "Blackfield II" was brilliant. But then again, I got most of the metal out of my system in the 1980s, so much of PT's recent catalog has left me a little cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back