Steve Hoffman HeadFest DVD Available
Aug 14, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #46 of 68
Someone please compress this video, please, pretty please? It's not "DVD" quality, anyway. We're in it for the content. This thing would be perfectly fine in a 1cd size. Or even less, to tell the truth.

Aug 14, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #47 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone please compress this video, please, pretty please? It's not "DVD" quality, anyway. We're in it for the content. This thing would be perfectly fine in a 1cd size. Or even less, to tell the truth.

The original material is more than one DVD long in MPG, also for a compressed version just watch it online on the website that is hosting the compressed version...

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #48 of 68
The streaming version is very good for people with just a passing interest, but I still think there is room for an "inbetween" option. There is some room between the streaming quality and the dvd version - but torrenting the dvd is a little ridiculous given the quality of the video/audio.

Btw, sov, thanks for putting this thing together.

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #49 of 68
Quote:

The streaming version is very good for people with just a passing interest, but I still think there is room for an "inbetween" option. There is some room between the streaming quality and the dvd version - but torrenting the dvd is a little ridiculous given the quality of the video/audio.

The video is not that bad in quality, and it could be acceptable for a DVD IMO, considering what it is, just a conference, not a Sci-Fi movie...but the audio was the main problem IMO, as it was taken with mic of the camera, it would be a better idea if Bruce would use cable from the console and hook it into the camera, or maybe one of those remote mics...But all those are experiences for the next meeting...the next is always better....
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #50 of 68
Quote:

I will come out and say that the video quality on the DVD isn't exactly what you can call "DVD Quality". Also, at least on my copy, the sound during the forum is mono, which I thought was strange as this place is "head-fi". No complaints from me though. I just need to free up 1 1/2 hours to watch the darn thing.

I reckon the DVD would be good for people that can't spare the bandwidth, like 56ker's, if they really do exist.
tongue.gif

edit: Sov posted while I was typing

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #52 of 68
Yes, you're right, the video isn't bad, per se, it's just a conference. Still, that would be GREAT for compression, with 70% of the frame being static, and the remaining 30% still not being all that dynamic. It's a shame about the audio. Anyway, thanks again for the vid. It's great for those of us who couldn't make it.

Aug 14, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #53 of 68
For the next time this happens, at least on the music parts, it might be nice to get the recordings from Steve and then put those in instead of the recordings from the video camera.

Aug 14, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #54 of 68
I am on it with utorrent for last 21 hours, and it is saying another 18 hours to go. That is a pain in the bottom, making me feel like I am still in that good old dialup modem age. But I am grateful and excited to have a chance to see this video, as one who couldn't make it.

Aug 15, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #55 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it appears that I just uploading to somebody... which is weird becase:

1. I started the torrent on a different computer, and
2. I deleted the linked torrent off tracker because I thought it didn't work.

blink.gif

EDIT: Okay everybody, I think I got it working. Try this.

*crosses fingers*

Smashing. I'm latched onto BT now. I promise I'll seed when finished for as long as possible.

Aug 15, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #56 of 68
Thanks for the torrent. I have the DVD now, but I will try to seed this for a while as well.

Cheers,

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #60 of 68
I received my copy from mwallace573. Thanks, Matt.

If you're not a torrent user (like me) and want a copy of the DVD, send me PM with your mailing address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back