1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Steve Hoffman Forum

1. saintalfonzo
    I tried to register at Steve Hoffman Forums and I received an email stating that "my registration doesn't meet membership requirements and it has been deleted". What's the deal? What am I missing here?

2. Jaska
    You're not opinionated and abrasive enough?

3. krmathis Contributor
  4. saintalfonzo
    I don't think the "abrasive enough" comment applies to me. About a week ago I was involved in a stupid argument on head-fi that I didn't remember until the next day, and I wished I had stayed off here the night before when I reviewed the thread the next day. When I saw the way I'd acted the night before I realized that a night of whisky doesn't mix with head-fi very well. I was such a jacka$$ that I almost thought of posting an apology thread the next day, but instead avoided the pathetic nature of the possibility and hoped people would just forget about it. I guess too much whisky causes me to want to argue about some things that are better left alone.

Anyway...

Maybe they checked my credit score? I had to sell my car before inevitable
    repossession occurred while I was in college a few years ago; even though I was working 2 jobs on top of my 32 hour-a-week clinicals (unpayed of course) each week, I still couldn't afford my car payment. Maybe you have to own a Porsche or Ferrari to belong?[​IMG]

5. BradJudy
    Ask them, but this type of response usually means your registration looked like a spam one for some reason. Could be a weird e-mail address, or simply that you happened to register at the same time as some spam bot.

6. johnwmclean
    Quote:

Originally Posted by saintalfonzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I don't think the "abrasive enough" comment applies to me. About a week ago I was involved in a stupid argument on head-fi that I didn't remember until the next day, and I wished I had stayed off here the night before when I reviewed the thread the next day. When I saw the way I'd acted the night before I realized that a night of whisky doesn't mix with head-fi very well. I was such a jacka$$ that I almost thought of posting an apology thread the next day, but instead avoided the pathetic nature of the possibility and hoped people would just forget about it. I guess too much whisky causes me to want to argue about some things that are better left alone.

saintalfonzo, don’t worry, I didn’t tale offense at any of what you said. Hell who gives a rats, a bit of thread brawl is good for a laugh.

7. Happy Camper
    If thread brawls are good for a laugh, this place should be renamed "Comedy Fi". There are more chuckles every day than I can recall here. The last year has really gotten funny.

8. Koukol

Must be it! :)

I joined last week and  had enough of the idiotic opinions people gave me there.
    I quit yesterday.

In my ONE week I learned that...

1) Led Zep and Black Sabbath were never Heavy Metal bands (despite the fact I proved them wrong with Wiki and two documentaries)
    2) Alice Cooper is a Pop group
    3) Nirvana got EVERYONE to stop listening to the MTV crap of the day even though some like me didn't watch or buy the crap they spoon-fed everyone.
    4) vinyl is ALWAYS best no matter what...pops, clicks what-ever!.

I need a break to absorb all these valuable lessons.

Redcarmoose likes this.
  9. stonesfan129
    I'm considering just not posting there anymore. There's so many pedantic aholes rushing to tell you you're wrong if you prefer a different mastering than what all the old guys with $20,000 systems like.

10. wink
    Necrobump.......

[​IMG]

11. stonesfan129

[​IMG]

12. wink
    But.......but..... you're special.......

13. AzmiAN
    :)

14. wink
    Very special :ksc75smile: