Stereo Hookup to PC?
Jun 22, 2008 at 5:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tem

100+ Head-Fier
I have a Phillips stereo that can be hooked up to my PC via USB Link which is what I have been doing, but it also has AUX and "Gamer Port" (similiar to aux).

With Gamer Port, I can plug my Sansa Clip into one end the and other end is the Gamer Port which is the red yellow white audio/video cable. What I want to do is plug this stereo in via the green jack on my sound card, I suppose it can be, with the audio/video cord going to it. Is this possible or is the USB Link my only option? I tryed running it from the Game Port to the sound card and I get no sound, same as AUX.

The sound card is a Sound Blaster Live 24-Bit.

Jun 23, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #2 of 4
First, post the model of your Phillips stereo so people can be more helpful.

What I gather is that you want to be able to line your PC out to your Stereo using the green line-out jack. You also want to be able to use the output jack on your Sansa to play audio on the Stereo. Usually, there are different modes on a stereo like "TV/CD" and then "VCR/TAPE" as well as a "TUNER" mode, which all correspond to particular input jacks on the back of the Stereo. Maybe you didn't pick the right one when you were trying to input with your Sansa?

The USB Link probably acts as a Digital Input from your PC to your Stereo so why do you want to use the AUX jack?

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey,

I have hooked up Sony (mini system) stereo to my computer for all my music / gaming. I got an adapter that on 1 end used the red/white audio inputs on the front of my stereo and on the other plugged into my sound card's (green) audio output.

I then selected the "Game" setting on my mini-system and then I was good to go. All my computer was played through my mini-system speakers.

This is what u are trying to get correct?

Jun 24, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Phillips stereo that can be hooked up to my PC via USB Link which is what I have been doing, but it also has AUX and "Gamer Port" (similiar to aux).

With Gamer Port, I can plug my Sansa Clip into one end the and other end is the Gamer Port which is the red yellow white audio/video cable. What I want to do is plug this stereo in via the green jack on my sound card, I suppose it can be, with the audio/video cord going to it. Is this possible or is the USB Link my only option? I tryed running it from the Game Port to the sound card and I get no sound, same as AUX.

All of the ports on your stereo are inputs, not outputs (unless it does happen to have an output)... It's not clear what you're trying to connect. It almost sounds like you want to plug your stereo into your computer, which shouldn't be necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back