Step up in BASS from ATH-CM5's? Do ATH-CM7's qualify?
Apr 15, 2005 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

t10

100+ Head-Fier
Have been using my ATH-CM5 earbuds for slightly over a month now. Overall I have grown to like the sound, they are quick, very detailed, have tight bass.

The problem arises when I am in that extra bassy mood, you know when you want to jack up the bass to uncomfortable levels to give your brain a vibrating massage..? Hehehe, yeah I know, blasphemy. In any case, the CM5's have about 85% of the bass that I'd like them too when EQ Bass is jacked up. I would really like something akin of A900/DT770's bass, yet while retaining detail during quick parts, and all jam packed into an Earbud
etysmile.gif

Having read Max Minimum's fantastic review of CM7's, I am thinking that they may be a lot like CM5's in bass category. Has anyone listenned to both, and could comment on that?

Thanks guys
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2005 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 2
While I've never heard the CM5's, I would imagine that the CM7's would not be much of a leap forward in terms of bass output. If you want something this size with huge bass, I think your best bet may be the Sony EX71. From what I read, it's got LOTS of bass, but tends to be boomy/muddy. Also, this is a canalphone, not an earbud, but it does not sit deeply in your ear like Etys and Shures do and does not isolate you as much.

Oh, and thanks for the word 'fantastic'.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back