Stello HP100 questions
Jul 27, 2008 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ack_0220

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

Anyone owns a HP100, mind sharing your thoughts? How is it compared to the GS-1? I am trying to get a headphone/preamp and this seems to fit my price range. But the headphone out is a XLR jack, i don't understand why they use this since it is not a balanced amp. Are there any coverters to connect to convectional 1/4" jack?

Jul 27, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 6
The jack is a combo XLR/TRS jack, so there's no need for an adapter.

I don't really know the meaning of the combo jack, although I actually soldered a Furutech XLR connector to my 650's cable when I got the amp cause I find XLR to be a better, more solid connector overall.

I've never heard a GS-1, so I can't give you a comparison. All I can say is that I love my HP100.

Jul 27, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 6
I haven't compared it directly with the GS1, but the HP1 had a level of performance, in my mind comparable tot he GS1. It is a very nicely built unit, and the filter switch tailors the sound in a subtle but present manner that can fine-tune individual headphones. Overall it is a really solid home headphone amp, and a very good value considering the build quality. The GS1 has a bit better I/O options, and sounds better when equipped with the DACT attenuator.

Jul 27, 2008 at 10:10 AM Post #4 of 6
I am pretty set on getting the HP100 since it is the cheapest head/preamp i've seen. But i am still concern with the headphone out, can anyone confirm that i can plug in conventional 1/4" normal jack into it?

Jul 27, 2008 at 11:18 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ack_0220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am pretty set on getting the HP100 since it is the cheapest head/preamp i've seen. But i am still concern with the headphone out, can anyone confirm that i can plug in conventional 1/4" normal jack into it?

Like I said, the jack is a combo XLR/TRS jack (TRS=1/4" plug).

Jul 27, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by th0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like I said, the jack is a combo XLR/TRS jack (TRS=1/4" plug).

Thanks for the into, gonna order it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back