Stefan AudioArt
Apr 25, 2015 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

listenandfollow

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Does anybody know what has happened to the company Stefan AudioArt? I have been unable to access their website for sometime and had no response to emails. Have they ceased trading?

Thanks.

Apr 26, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 12
I'd been told in early March that my Endorphin cable was expected to ship on 13th April. All my emails from 14th April were ignored until last Friday (24th), when I finally received a reply, saying they'd been doing refurbishment, or some such thing. Was told it will ship in approx 10 days. Phew. I'm hoping there'll be no further issues, but I was getting pretty worried there...

May 8, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 12
I'd been told in early March that my Endorphin cable was expected to ship on 13th April. All my emails from 14th April were ignored until last Friday (24th), when I finally received a reply, saying they'd been doing refurbishment, or some such thing. Was told it will ship in approx 10 days. Phew. I'm hoping there'll be no further issues, but I was getting pretty worried there...

I'm in the same situation. i sent her my E-Series cable for repair and i haven't had response since february.

But if you ask for a new cable, he will reply quickly.

This seller is unreliable. Not recommended!
mad.gif

Jun 22, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #6 of 12

I'm in the same situation. i sent her my E-Series cable for repair and i haven't had response since february.

But if you ask for a new cable, he will reply quickly.

This seller is unreliable. Not recommended!
mad.gif

Same here. They have quick response before I pay for the cable. Then I have sent my headphone to them, the response time became slow... On the 25th Apr, they said it is scheduled to ship on 30th May, but the truth is no shipment and email response up to now. Anyone have an idea to deal with James?

Jul 13, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #7 of 12
Hi, has anybody having trouble with this company ? a friend bought Endorphin cable for sennheiser 800, he then sent them to be rewired at quite some expense both for the the mod and insured postage from uk this certainly was an expensive mod and on eventual return he was pleased with the " improvement " although the cable has already started to unravel, whilst his headphones where being modified he decided to order a cable for his Hifiman 500 this was at the beginning of February , he still has not received this cable wich cost in the region of £550, he has e-mailed numerous time even telephoned on three occasions, still no acknowledgement of any kind, I personally find this kind of service beyond any accepted type of service , I have advised him to explore what legal grounds if any he can pursue , so please fellow "Headfi " enthusiasts be warned this post gives me no pleasure as I wish any company good luck in the hard times but enough is enough , they / he needs to adopt a business model in my experiance with Forza cables, who are exemplary in communication and speed and sell dam good products.
Thank you for reading just upset at such an arrogant why of dealing with customers.

Aug 13, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #8 of 12
Postscript about Stefan Audioart, My last post was with regard to my friends dealings with this company , I am not commenting on any perseved sound improvement just on product quality and service. The day after my comments he received an e-mail from stefan audioart ( coincidence ? ) the outcome of this correspondence was to send complete Sennheiser 800 back to USA ( £120 postage ) and have the cable inspected as they had problems with a batch of glue used in assembly any repairs would be rectified and returned along with the cable for his HIFIMAN headphones as these just in final quality control ready for dispatch ( bought and paid for in February ! ) . On eventual arrival on August 11 may freind was so upset as he could not speak to me, today 13 August I visited him the Sennheiser cable was just the same almost totally unraveled his new Hifiman cable looks pristine but fitted with wrong xlr 4 pin plug, so this is a sorry state of affairs we are not bitter Headfi enthusiasts but after a freebie or out to cause mischief but two music lovers who own very hi-end systems and in over 60 years of buying products have never had such bad serve and soddy quality, this may be a " one off " which can happen from time to time but its how you are dealt with after and sorry stefan audioart is found lacking, please be warned.

Oct 11, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #10 of 12
Hi all,

Does anybody know what has happened to the company Stefan AudioArt? I have been unable to access their website for sometime and had no response to emails. Have they ceased trading?

Thanks.
Hi! I'm having a sort of similar issue. I sent a fair amount of money (around $1,500) to Stefan Audioart to get my new Sennheiser 800Ss rewired, and they're not answering my emails about giving me a date when I can even send them in. This is very unusual for them. I've dealt with them, with no hassles whatsoever, for the past 9 years. Now this. Would anybody know if anything is wrong? Their website is up and is constantly being updated, so I'm assuming they're still in business. But still.... Thanks!

Mar 24, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #11 of 12
It's just awful!!!!
I sent a cable for replacement to Stefan AudioArt. In September 2020, I received a cable of the wrong length and not at all the correct design. Immediately sent back for alteration. They confirmed to me that everything will be quickly fixed.... But I've been waiting for him for half a year already!!!!!!!!!!
In November I received a letter that the cable was ready and in a few days it would be sent to me. But they never sent it! In early January, James wrote to me that the cable was still being made... And that's it!!!!
I didn’t receive any more answers!!!!
It's all? And there is the price of the cable and not the cheap plus price of rework... about $ 2,000. How can I influence this? The paypal protection coverage period has already expired... Dead end....

Oct 12, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #12 of 12
Hi Everyone, note I don't have the direct personal experience with this manufacturer/seller from customer support standpoint. Just want to provide a perspective on the quality of their product from an up and coming DIY audio perfectionist who makes headphone cables for himself.

I came across an E-series headphone cable for the Sennheiser HD650. This is a lower priced headphone cable from Stefan AudioArt. My assessment below.

CONS:
1. It does not sound good at all
2. Really poor quality 1/4 inch plug (considering that a good Furutech plug goes for US$20) it's quite puzzling
3. I took the cable apart and was amazed to see that at the headphone end the higher gauge wire is soldered onto the tiny gauge (stock?) wires of the plugs that go into the headphone
4. Poor quality soldering through out
5. On appearance the wire is not OCC, but regular OFC

PROS:
1. Decent quality PET or Nylon cable sleeve

CONCLUSION: Considering the price, neither of the parts used in the cable construction impress me, from the cheap OFC wire to no-name plugs.

I did reuse this wire for my pair of Audeze with genuine Furutech connectors and the cable sounded poor/muffled/slow as well, so I conclude that the wire they use in the construction is of very poor quality.

I was interested in their Endorphin cable to see how it's made, but to be honest I am really hesitant to splash money on a used pair seeing how their entry level cable is made. I might still buy it if I come across a very attractive price for a used cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back