Stefan AudioArt Equinox HD600/580 headphone cable review at enjoythemusic.com
Jun 29, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #2 of 9
Thanks for the heads up James. I have been A/Bing my 15' Equinox with my Cardas for the last week and can honestly say that I prefer the Equinox.

Jun 29, 2002 at 3:57 AM Post #3 of 9
Congrats on the review James-

For some reason Steven refers to your cable as the Joseph AudioArt Equinox?
confused.gif

Aug 5, 2002 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 9
I recently received my 12' version of the equinox from James. This cable is truly amazing. I can't believe Senn doesn't pick up on this thing. It's a noticeable difference right out of the box. The HD 600's really opened up and allowed the speed and clarity of the Headmaster to pass along to my ear drums.
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2002 at 12:26 AM Post #6 of 9
I have had my Equinox for 2 months now. It really is a fantastic cable.It made the HD-600 so much more enjoyable to listen to. I recently upgraded my digital cable to Z cable Duet which improved the Sennheiser, Equinox combination even more!!!!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 6, 2002 at 5:43 AM Post #7 of 9
Well it seems i don't get around these parts nearly enough...i only heard recently the long awaited Stephan Audioart cable for the AKG K1000 has been out already and there was an introductory price for head-fi members...looks like i missed the boat on this one
frown.gif

...perhaps someone could post a review of this cable?

Aug 7, 2002 at 9:46 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by squirt
Well it seems i don't get around these parts nearly enough...i only heard recently the long awaited Stephan Audioart cable for the AKG K1000 has been out already and there was an introductory price for head-fi members...looks like i missed the boat on this one
frown.gif

...perhaps someone could post a review of this cable?

Got mine yesterday and have been listening to it for about 6 hours. The AudioArt cable does not really connect properly to speaker terminals of my ASL AQ-1005DT amp; i.e., the cable spades are not large anough to fit over the terminals. I had to stick one side of each cable spade into the holes of the speaker terminals. I connected both the AudioArt cable and the standard K1000 cable to same speaker terminals in order to get a quick A to B comparison of their sound. At the beginning the sound from the AudioArt cable was lacking in the high frequencies. It sounded kind of flat and lifeless. But, now after about 6 hours of use it sounds much better. When I now switch from one cable to the other, I can no longer hear any difference between them. I hope that the AudioArt cable will sound better than the standard K1000 cable after the recommended 72 hour break-in period. I am in contact with Stefan AudioArt regarding the problem of fittng the cable spades over the speaker terminals of the ASL amp. It's worth noting that HeadRoom Corp. recommends this amp. for the K1000, so I hope that the fit mismatch is resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back