Steelcase vs Aeron: most comfortable and best for posture?
Feb 8, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #16 of 30
I log 8-15 hours a day in an Aeron at the office. It's a good chair and I haven't had any problems with it.

Though at home, I use an old oak chair like this:

furn6.jpg

Not mine, but I think I paid $35 for it about 12 years ago. It's the most comfortable chair I own, no joke. I can sit in it all day without fatigue. These were common office chairs back in the 20s-40s, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding one in antique/junk stores. They run $100-$300 these days and refinishing is easy to do yourself, if you find one in less than perfect condition.

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Areon chair's ability to allow farts to pass-through is quite impressive. For best results, don't wear anything.

i thought they meant something else by 'gas piston'. live and learn......

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #18 of 30
I'm pretty sensitive to chairs in that I can't usually sit long in chair without feeling butt ache (like the Recaro seats I have in my car which hurt me after a while), and the Aeron is pretty good in day-long comfort.

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sensitive to chairs in that I can't usually sit long in chair without feeling butt ache (like the Recaro seats I have in my car which hurt me after a while), and the Aeron is pretty good in day-long comfort.

what kind of car are you driving on a reg. basis with recaro seats! i may be way off base but since you live in ontario and you get quite a bit of snow the only car sporty enough to put recaro seats in AND handle the snow would be something like a subaru wrx?

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Note to self: Never buy used chair from ingwe.

Generally smart never to associate yourself with any good that Ingwe has posessed or interfaced with. That includes Daughters, public transit systems, restaurant chains, etc.

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surferp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the only car sporty enough to put recaro seats in AND handle the snow would be something like a subaru wrx?

My Audi S4 cries at your ignorance.

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #22 of 30
I go to a chiropractor monthly for maintenance on back and upper shoulders. He SWEARS by those big therapy balls for sitting. He says get one that's big enough so you sit with your legs at a 90degree angle to the floor. also, according to him, most European truck drivers use very hard seats that are virtually upright. Also according tohim very few Europeans have back problems or need of chiroptractic services.

Go figure.

me, I'm using a therapy ball instead of a chair and has done wonders for my lower back.

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #23 of 30
I have been using a Steelcase Leap for 5+ years now... and the chair looks/functions/feels like new. I moved, and the movers broke 1 of the wheels, but I easily purchased new wheels for it. I never could quite get comfortable in the Aeron, as much as I loved the look. Even last year, I tried various chairs again and still haven't found an office chair that feels as good to me as the Leap.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surferp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what kind of car are you driving on a reg. basis with recaro seats! i may be way off base but since you live in ontario and you get quite a bit of snow the only car sporty enough to put recaro seats in AND handle the snow would be something like a subaru wrx?

I don't have the car anymore but it was a Corrado VR6 (Recaros were on Canadian models, not US), the seats were very firm.

CanadianDriver: Used Vehicle Review - 1989-1995 Volkswagen Corrado

Edit: why do you assume that, being from Ontario, I would need to drive an AWD car?

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #25 of 30
i tried out aeron, leap, and freedom chairs about 4 years ago and went with the leap. i love that chair ... most comfortable task chair i've ever used and helped my back a lot.

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Generally smart never to associate yourself with any good that Ingwe has posessed or interfaced with. That includes Daughters, public transit systems, restaurant chains, etc.

You love me! You really do!

May 15, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #28 of 30
I have used both the Leap and the Aeron. The Leap wins for comfort and support. The Aeron wins for non sweaty use for long periods when its a bit hotter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back