Stax SRM Monitor Manual?
Oct 20, 2009 at 9:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

John Buchanan

1000+ Head-Fier
Does anybody have available either a copy or scans of the Stax SRM Monitor manual? I was able to acquire a pdf of the Stax Sigma manual thanks to a kind head-fier, so I thought I'd try playing for the BMW LOL.

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #4 of 8
Can you send me a copy please? I'm also a SRM onitor user in Old Germany!
Regards Georg

Dec 10, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 8
Georg,
we are few and far between!
Most of these amps seem to have ended up in Germany, I think. I've seen less of these for sale than SRM-T2s over the years.

Jun 3, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #7 of 8
Dear John,

you're right becuase stax worked together with the IRT (Institut für Rundfunktechnik). Thry developed it togeether. They still use it as a reference system. Mr Theile from the IRT still works with that system. ( He's the one who can be heard on the Audiostax demo CD for binaural recordings). On the CDs made by Audiostax (Former German Stax distributor) the say: Everything you need to have the perfect playback-system is a SRM Monitor and a Stax Lambda Pro or Signature.

Regards Georg

Jun 3, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #8 of 8
Georg, that Stax "Space Sound" CD is amazing. I was very lucky to have seen one in a local hifi shop and snapped it up very quickly, back in 1995. It's very realistic! I just sent an email to Gunther Theile to see if he happens to have a copy of the manual he could scan for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back