For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
Nov 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

K_19

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello all,

Selling the well-aged veteran Stax SRM-1/MKII Professional Electrostatic Amplifier, as I received the Stax SRM-323s today as its replacement (en route to my end of the road for the amp, which is the KGSS).  I got this originally as a temporary amping solution for my 007 MK1's and I felt that it did a commendable job for its price. Obviously not the best of choices for that particular headphone technically, but it gave more than enough volume for any music (for most songs, 11 o'clock position of the volume knob was more than enough) and did well enough for me to get a good feel of what MK1's are like. It'll likely amp the earspeakers in the lower range such as the Lambda series without too much problem either, and as it's an old amp it also has the normal bias output, if you happen to have any of the vintage Stax which uses that jack. And there is no need to worry about 115v 220v or any region voltage issues, as you can adjust that yourself with this amp. Overall, it's a very popular choice as a starter Stax amp and for a good reason.  Cheap, affordable, with good performance.

The condition of the amp is very good for the amp of it's age IMO. I'm at least the third owner of this amp but it has absolutely no issues with noise that I can detect with my ears. The dual volume knob plays perfectly free of any noise, and overall functions without any problems at all. The external case is in fantastic shape as well, perhaps some micro scratches here and there but no obvious big scratches that I can see.  It's the A-serial version of the amp in case you are wondering. Of course, due to the very old age of this amp I cannot guarantee anything past it arriving at your home working in perfect condition, but I don't see the amp spontaneously failing or anything anytime soon at all. It's worked for me perfectly over the past month and a half that I've used it.  I don't have the original box but will pack it as securely as I can in a brand new box (and you can count on that, as I've had $1000+ amp arrive to me broken due to inadequate shipping; not something I'd ever want my fellow buyer to go through).

The price for this amp is $320 plus shipping to where your location is (should be ~$20-30 I think within NA). $320 flat for Toronto local pick-up, which would be my preference.  3% Paypal fees will also be accounted for on your end unless you pay as a gift.

Do PM me with your interest. Thanks!

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 4

K_19

Headphoneus Supremus
Pics are up.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 4

K_19

Headphoneus Supremus
Price Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread