1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

STAX SRM-1/Mk2 PRO amp, + STAX SR-404

Discussion in 'Amplification For Sale / Trade' started by Spork67, May 15, 2017.
Trader History (2)
  1. Spork67
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    • Anywhere
    Best offer:
    Yes
    This is truly a "Jack of all trades" STAX amp, with a voltage selector on the back meaning it will work anywhere with mains power, and a choice of normal bias and pro bias jacks on the front it will work with any STAX headphone (or "Earspeaker") from the last several decades.

This amp. has been professionally rebuilt (I can provide receipts) last year, and then a few months later replaced with a STAX tube amp, so has had very little use since the rebuild, and is no longer needed.

These amps sell on ebay for around the same price I am asking - but with 30 year old caps etc. still in them!

I feel that makes mine very well priced, and a great way for someone to get into STAX at a very reasonable price without having to start with the lowest end gear. I've tried the new entry level stuff and it isn't anywhere near as nice sounding as this old amp.

I'm asking $500 USD for this amp, buyer pays any fees, postage and insurance.
    I am also selling some nice STAX headphones (see my thread in the HP for sale forum) Will sell both for $850 USD, and I'll pay 1/2 the postage.

edit: I'm located Tasmania, Australia.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. Spork67
    weekend bump...

3. Spork67
    2 weeks since the last bump bump...
    Offers?

4. crgolfer
    Is the amp still available? Did it get new caps and how much with shipping to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada?