Stax SRE-750 extension cord
post-746031
Post #1 of 2

Canman

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
For all you Stax owners, wouldn't it be nice to walk around with your headphones on? Maybe sit on the end of the couch that is farthest away from the stereo? Maybe even cook your dinner while wearing Omega II's? If there's a yes to any of the above, definitely consider the newer Stax SRE-725 and SRE-750 extension cords (2.5 meter and 5.0 meter respectively). The cable is basically an additional length of the same cable that comes with the Omega II or SR-404. The color is black. I was worried that an additional length of cable would mess up the sound, but I am happy to say that this extension cable is just about transparent. The miniscule amount of focus and detail that is lost might just be lack of burn in but even if there is no change in the cable I will remain very happy using it.

post-746069
Post #2 of 2

ServinginEcuador

Founder of the Head-Fi Pay-to-Post Program.
Reaction score
That is good news indeed CanMan. I have wondered about the ability to move into another room by using something like this, so maybe I will end up getting an extension for my Stax anyway. At close to 20' of cable I could move to a chair in another room and read while listening to music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)