Stax SR-X9000
Nov 5, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #316 of 2,920
Wearing this headphones, what are the ears touching, if anything?

Plenty of space between driver and ears. I have listened today 6 hours and zero fatique, they feel very light on head and the tone is as it should be.The reviewer on Whathifi didn't compare it 009 and good so because X9K sounds remarkable different than 009.

I would liked that he would have said that the overall tone is warm and natural. Basically the tone is mix of 009 and 007 and i would like to add to the row also the tone of HE-90 somehow.

The X9K deliver real life natural sound wich the above-mentioned other phones do not deliver on this level. Because of these attributes at least to my ears this is far the best i have ever heard. Somehow it has a tone where you become addicted so i consider myself to be a victim.

Nov 5, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #317 of 2,920
I wish headphones wouldn't keep exploding in price like this seems almost impossible to keep up with. Probably in the next few years they'll all be in the 10k range its too much. But I guess the market determines that this is okay so I don't blame them. My only hope is that Stax continues to offer more "affordable" options like their lambda series. Maybe a new update to it would be nice

Nov 5, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #318 of 2,920
I wish headphones wouldn't keep exploding in price like this seems almost impossible to keep up with. Probably in the next few years they'll all be in the 10k range its too much. But I guess the market determines that this is okay so I don't blame them. My only hope is that Stax continues to offer more "affordable" options like their lambda series. Maybe a new update to it would be nice

That's how money is devaluating. I remember the times when 10K was buying a TOTL speaker pair. Well, even less.

Nov 5, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #320 of 2,920
Good to be back to reality, certainly there has been a clear progress from each TOTL Stax phone to other ending up to 009 to a hyper detailed transparent phone, some sort of pinnacle
of technical approach, unfortunately they forgot to make it musically inviting.

Zolkis and i A-B compared Omega to 007mk1 and the conclusion was that the Omega as a whole was better. We have with X9K a progress again, this time Stax added musicality to it's repertoire. Listening hours after hours now my brain get's adjusted to X9K.

This time i feel it's brilliant combination of 007/ 009. X9K presents the fullness of 007 and the clarity of 009, the X9K is similarly warmish than 007 with excellent bass response (it may go very deep even head shaking with Carbon).

Add clarity and detail amount like 009 so there you are. Transparency analysis is more difficult when comparing X9K to 009.
How do you perceive transparency when the tone is warm .

The X9K shows that warm transparency is possible, it has same amount of details and much fuller transparent soundscape than 009.

When i listen to X9K i feel relaxed, it's a perfect musical tone to listen hours without fatique.

Today i hooked Abbas Nos dac as source, this is absolutely the pinnacle of musicality

I think Stax made this time 100% right not so with other models in past 10 years.
That’s great to hear. I just ordered the 9000 from Woo today and will update with comparisons to 009 and 009S.

Nov 5, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #322 of 2,920
well, 6k for flagship headphone ain't bad when flagship speaker can be something like this... Wilson Audio WAMM Master Chronosonic loudspeaker ($685,000/pair)...it's all relative.

Nov 6, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #323 of 2,920
Thought about ordering a pair and talked to the local dealer.
Current status is that new orders are expected to be delivered by second quarter of 2022…:triportsad:
Decided to wait.

Nov 6, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #324 of 2,920
well, 6k for flagship headphone ain't bad when flagship speaker can be something like this... Wilson Audio WAMM Master Chronosonic loudspeaker ($685,000/pair)...it's all relative.
No thats fair I get that. Honestly as long as companies like Stax still offer great "lower end" offerings and don't just focus on the wild pricing I think its fine.

Nov 7, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #327 of 2,920
Far ahead

made my day
I had a listen to the X9K with a stax enthusiast with a great vinyl rig. On hand were 009S / 009 / X9K he said that X9K is much better. If you like numbers it's about 20% better than 009S that's the consensus and that's pretty much when thinking that we discuss TOTL level, of course it's a subjective evaluation.

Nov 7, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #328 of 2,920
Still waiting for my September order every single day. Have about 5 orders in the line before mine on Headamp. Can't wait for it to finally ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back