Stax SR-X9000
Oct 23, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #256 of 2,954
So, being a boring person on a Friday night, I’ve been reading about the Shangr-la Sr, and I found out it also uses a mesh design :thinking:

I wonder the X9K compares to the Shangri-La Sr, given this. :thinking:

Oct 28, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #257 of 2,954
I get my X9K for next week. Miscellaneous opinions so far. Let's see how X9K reacts when called from different sources and how they relate to the original Omega, 009 and 007.I think so far the reports have been colored by personal preferences and are therefore fragmented.

Oct 28, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #258 of 2,954
I get my X9K for next week. Miscellaneous opinions so far. Let's see how X9K reacts when called from different sources and how they relate to the original Omega, 009 and 007.I think so far the reports have been colored by personal preferences and are therefore fragmented.
When was your order placed? I am still waiting for mine with no ship date in sight.:triportsad:

Oct 28, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #260 of 2,954
Where did you order from?

Oct 28, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #262 of 2,954
All listening/impressions reports are colored by personal preference. It is inherent and unavoidable.

Except for the myriad of listening/impressions reports that are fueled by transmorgifying and regurgitating the reports of other people, those other people having at least listened to the gear in question, and who attempted to share good faith accounts of their necessarily subjective opinions.

Oct 29, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #263 of 2,954
I received my X9K's earlier this week and spent some quality time with them. I'm coming off a pair of SR-009s which I sold on Audiogon in preparation for the upgrade. The X9K build quality is excellent and appeals to me more than the 009's. The all black materials have a rich vibe that I like. The soundstage is wider than the 009's and there is more air around the images. Timber is authentic and percussion instruments have a faster leading edge than the 009. Bass is adequate for me but I didn't test it with rock or pop. For jazz and acoustic music, the bass is deep and detailed. Just fine for me. Overall, the X9K to my ears is a substantial improvement over what was already a great set of headphones. They give me everything my DAC and amp (MSB Select II and Headphone amp) have to give. These are keepers.

Oct 29, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #264 of 2,954
I received my X9K's earlier this week and spent some quality time with them. I'm coming off a pair of SR-009s which I sold on Audiogon in preparation for the upgrade. The X9K build quality is excellent and appeals to me more than the 009's. The all black materials have a rich vibe that I like. The soundstage is wider than the 009's and there is more air around the images. Timber is authentic and percussion instruments have a faster leading edge than the 009. Bass is adequate for me but I didn't test it with rock or pop. For jazz and acoustic music, the bass is deep and detailed. Just fine for me. Overall, the X9K to my ears is a substantial improvement over what was already a great set of headphones. They give me everything my DAC and amp (MSB Select II and Headphone amp) have to give. These are keepers.
I'm curious if you noticed any recessing or grainy vocals? There has been a reviewer on Youtube that has mentioned he doesn't like them much particularly because of a more grainy presentation of vocals (I believe he mentioned it was as if there was a filter in front of the vocals)

Oct 30, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #265 of 2,954
[
I'm curious if you noticed any recessing or grainy vocals? There has been a reviewer on Youtube that has mentioned he doesn't like them much particularly because of a more grainy presentation of vocals (I believe he mentioned it was as if there was a filter in front of the vocals)
I get my phones today i will check this.Omega has slightly that feature on it if you compare it straight to 007 .If you do not compare side by side you would not probably become aware of it easily.My guess is that X9K is Omega with steroids but will soon find out.Omega and 007 are far from each other physically and soundwise where 007 is like a boom box against .Comparisons are always problematic i would like to describe the phone just at it is.

Oct 30, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #266 of 2,954
I like to thank HeadFreaks.eu Denmark for a friendly clean and superfast transaction he's the best of the best

IMG_0488.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #268 of 2,954
The sound signature of XK9 is very very close to original Omega but Stax engineers fixed the midrange liquidness/transparency and also bass wich is very articulate.Soundstage is close and a hint better to Omega wich is wide.Detailed smooth highs like Omega maybe little bit better with XK9.The XK9 is a improved Omega,
so the legendary sound is now available.I get some Head-fier soon at my house and let's see what the consensus is then we can go details

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back