Stax SR-L300 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by bloos, Jul 8, 2016.
First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last
  1. alfmoonspace
    Never heard Stax before but I took the plunge, 3100 kit is on its way!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    XLR8 likes this.
  2. Karl2009
    Thanks for your comments. I agree about the transparency, neutrality and speed of the L300. Do you think that bass is more cut off on L300 than HD800 or could be similar.
    This is the point that I am afraid.

3. nazrin313
    Dont know about you guys, but I listen to all sorts of music genres and to me, the L300's bass is just 'on point'. Never too boomy, never lacking, never bleeds and always..always fast

4. Music Alchemist
    I heard more sub-bass roll-off in the HD 800. Effective EQ can fix this for any headphone, but I never felt the need with STAX.

The SR-L300 is a bit bassier than the SR-207 and SR-Lambda overall.

5. Pahani
    Welcome to the Stax world! Fair warning though, you may never want to go back to Dynamics :p

I use TH-X00 Purplehearts as my bass-heavy "fun" cans to pair with my Stax. Everything else in my collection just sits.

6. pichu
    Just got my STAX SRM-3100s in. They sound good! Clean tight bass that stays clean coming into the mids. Everything sounds defined and punchy and detailed. I like the sound so far! The highs are good and the headphone seems very neutral to me especially with the energizer that comes in the pair. I like the sound and really cant complain. Id just like someone to verify with me that the highs are sibilant before i think im crazy.

maybe im just not used too so much detail?

7. alfmoonspace
    I’m in for a treat then! Excited to share my thoughts.

8. Music Alchemist
    All three Lambdas I owned were a little peaky in the 7-10 kHz range, but that's much less of a problem than peaks around 4-6 kHz (which is more common in dynamic driver headphones that tend to sound a lot more sibilant) and it's easy to fix with EQ.

9. alfmoonspace
    Quick question, does the l700 pads work on the l300?

If so, worth the upgrade?

10. tigon_ridge
    Quick answer, search function.

11. alfmoonspace
    Got it, thanks

12. macromark
    Yes and maybe depending on your goal. If you find the stock pads are uncomfortable (as i did), then the L700 pads will cure that. However, don't expect an improvement in sound. In my case, the lowest bass is not as pronounced with the L700 pads.

13. alfmoonspace
    I will try the l300 pad first then go from there!

14. pichu
    So it’s day 3 and now I’m having a pretty big channel imbalance in my L300s! The right driver is significantly lower than the left and seems to distort very easy. I’m not sure what happened to them

15. wuwhere Contributor
    Imbalance still? I thought they would have gotten to the bottom of this problem by now.

First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last