Stax SR-404 Limited serial number ?
Sep 27, 2009 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Kalle_dk

New Head-Fier
Stax SR-404 Limited edition is only made in 1000 "units". Where are these sold ? In which contries are they now ?

Mine are serial number 0684 (bought in Denmark). Which serial number do YOU own ?

Dec 4, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 11
Anyone wanna guess the cut-off date? I'd like to procrastinate till like the last ten
redface.gif

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 11
#795, came from Japan, now in the Netherlands
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #6 of 11
Looks like this is about it...

As an interesting data point, I just received a pair of 404LE from Elusive Disc in the 093X serial number range. I had these on order for about 4 months and they are out of the most current batch so it looks like STAX is almost done with production of the 1000 units depending on how many they do at a time. So maybe there are 50 pairs left that to be produced or maybe the last 50 were produced and sent to other countries and this was it.

My 5 month old pair that I got from HeadphoneAddict (also from Elusive Disc) is number 066X so they ran off about 325 units in that time period. Looks like maybe no more for the US market with a few floating around in other markets.
frown.gif

I plugged the new ones in to check them out quickly and noticed a rather large sonic difference with my other pair that has logged around 20 hours on top of what Larry put on them so maybe 70-75 hours total if I remember correctly so initial burn-in seems significant. I plan to cook this pair for a couple of hundred hours to see what happens.

I also inspected them VERY closely for any signs of production differences and found nothing. Both pairs were 100% consistent.

On a more positive note, it looks like they do have the SRM-600's available so I will look forward to feedback from anyone that has tried the combo compared to the SRM-007 and 006.

Jan 24, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by orkney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just placed an order for these and am waiting to find out whether they're still available. Here's hoping...

o

If you ordered them in the US, I think you are out of luck permanently at this point as everything off the latest shipment is gone. If you go through one of the guys in Japan on ebay, you should still be able to score a pair and it will be well worth any additional expense and you should have them in a week.

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #9 of 11
Hey,

Unfortunately, you're right. These appear to be sold out, according to the vendors I've spoken to today, including two on eBay I've dealt with before. Will keep trying but otherwise congrats to those of you who jumped on these sooner.

best,

o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back