STAX SR-009S new flagship electrostatic earspeakers released (with impressions)
May 2, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #139 of 1,367
Japanese domestic prices are public now, it is 497k yen (expected stock: 30th of June)
That's actually a substantial price jump over the 334k yen of the SR-009 that remained constant through its production and is now dropped slightly to 325k yen
And if you are a foreign visitor buying an item available in-store, you don't need to pay the 8% consumption tax, so it comes about about 300k yen brand new.
I reckon this is how PriceJapan somehow managed to achieve those lowest prices (but it is gone now, probably permanently)

So at least for now, importing it just isn't worth it the difference (warranty) this new model, maybe the SR-009 price in the US will be adjusted a bit.

the SR009S are 300K yens? (or the SR009?) if I buy it there as a visitor?
I will be going to Japan in June. Where would be the best place to buy them?

May 3, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #140 of 1,367
the SR009S are 300K yens? (or the SR009?) if I buy it there as a visitor?
I will be going to Japan in June. Where would be the best place to buy them?
Much more...closer towards 446,000 Yen. It’s not available yet, and meant to be available sometime in June (for some reason I’m thinking late June but don’t know when). You’ll need to reserve.

May 3, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #141 of 1,367
On the Headamp page, shipment is already being pushed back to September. So I don't think it is going to be available in stores for a while, and if you somehow manage to pre-order it there, it is difficult to predict when you can pick it up. (And I stated in the post that 8% is what you can deduct from any eligible item)

The hype train is starting to run out of steam, now where is that head-fi TV video? :slight_smile:

I reckon almost all the people who decide to upgrade will sell the SR-009 if this is as good as predicted, it should be much easier to match with most electrostatic amps (or speaker amps + adapter).and sources.

May 3, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #148 of 1,367
On the Headamp page, shipment is already being pushed back to September.

Actually it was not pushed back but rather that was always the estimated delivery date. That is what I was told when I placed my order :wink:

May 3, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #149 of 1,367
Not sure about this yet. Will wait till user feedback comes in. I would be cocerned about thinner ear pads. Comform and also soundstage may suffer. If it is the same price, then it must be marketed as a different sound signature? If is was actually better, wouldnt there be a price hike? Regardless, it is good to see Stax updating the HPs. Hope it isnt as underwhelming as the new amp.

May 3, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #150 of 1,367
Interesting stuff! I'm one of those who thinks the 007 is better than the 009 and have been silently happy with my Holo Spring, KGSSHV Carbon, 007 setup for a long while now with no itch to change anything. Looks like the 009S might bring me back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back