1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

STAX SR-009S new flagship electrostatic earspeakers released (with impressions)

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by padam, Apr 20, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63
Next

Last
  1. TSAVAlan
    Yup, only one Douglas from Stax that would come to mind. We got the L300/500/700 not too long ago and last year the 009S. Wouldn't surprise me if the next Stax headphones would be the 007 or another in ear to just update the lineup.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
    BreadMaster likes this.
  2. nazrin313
    I mirror this, cant even listen to anything else after straight up listening to the Omega2mk1. I mean, I still love my other gear...but...STAX!!!

3. popof94
    For classical music you are probably right and the 009 and 009S are my best. For others styles I would not say that. Even with the BHSE I still find a lack of impact in the bass. When I listen drums or bass guitar I find both more realistic, more crédible with best slam and impact on the LCD4 and also on the Utopia. I will not say the 009S is better on that, it is different.

FangJoker likes this.
  4. silversurfer616
    That's why I keep the Utopia, Jean Michel. But although I almost never listen to classical , I think 009S has enough bass for me. It certainly is considerably better in this department than the old HD800...which really was 'bass shy' even for me.

5. popof94
    I agree about Kse1500 they are my end game too with the Lcdi4. Probably the reason why I like both, 009 and LCD4.

6. popof94
    I think it’s a good idea to keep the Utopia. I bought it 3 years ago and it’s still my best with the 009.

7. JimL11
    1. At some point these become a matter of taste. For me, the 007 MkI was a bit soft, the 009 a bit bright, and the 007 Mk2 with port mod was in the middle (just right). For what it's worth, Tyll Hertsens and Bob Katz of InnerFidelity were of the same mind on the subject.

purk, jgazal and PointyFox like this.
  8. urs
    deleted

9. tumpux
    Wow, I admire your self restraint...

10. tumpux
    100% agree with this. It's just a matter of taste.
    And since we're talking about taste, it's funny I never heard Dr. Gilmore's stand on this war of the stats.

BreadMaster likes this.
  11. purk Contributor
    I prefer the 009s over 009 on the KGSSHV Carbon and BHSE.

I however like the 009 over the 009s better on the DIY T2.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Jones Bob and Whitigir like this.
  12. Whitigir
    Same here :)

13. purk Contributor
    Stop copying me! :beerchug:

Whitigir likes this.
  14. mulveling Contributor
    Same here too

Whitigir likes this.
  15. Dan Lee
    What makes the 009S better on the Carbon then the 009? Just curious. I just got my Carbon and after some trial and error and some good advice from the gentleman above I am in heaven. I mean this is by far the best sounding set up I have ever owned to the point when I went back and listened to my LCD-4's which I thought were the bloody bees god dam knees they just sound dull as can be. If however the 009S would increase this insane bliss I wouldn't hesitate to grab up a pair. I've also got the Shangri-La Jr and while the sound has an insanely beautiful richness to it the 009 just sounds overall better to me right now though I could easily see how someone would think the reverse. I feel like from descriptions the 009S may well be the best of both worlds, but please correct me if I am wrong here.

First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63
Next

Last