1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

STAX SR-009S new flagship electrostatic earspeakers released (with impressions)

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by padam, Apr 20, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last
  1. Lord Rexter
    Yes I think you are correct STAX burns the earspeakers for a week or so before actually shipping them out.

2. ToroFiestaSol
    @isquirrel Yup, zero burn in with electrostats.

3. HoloSpice
    god damn! Look at that beautiful setup...:astonished::scream:

4. Whitigir
    Now, that MSB ultra expensive ES amp look very interesting ! Let us know what you found out

5. JimL11
    When MSB originally announced their electrostatic headphone amp, Kevin Gilmore designed a "clone" based on the published photos, which IIRC turned out to be one of his least expensive designs in terms of parts cost. Google current feedback electrostatic amp. Reportedly it sounded good, albeit somewhat different from his other designs, but very few if any detailed subjective comments that I could find.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  6. purk Contributor
    It takes $$$$$ to find out. I'm happy with with my Carbon & T2 & Justin's Aristaeus....no need for fancy MSB amplifier.

ToroFiestaSol and HoloSpice like this.
  7. JimL11
    Not if you get someone to build you the clone, which is $, uses a 10k input pot, leaves out the input transformers and the ridiculous 75 ohm input impedance.

ToroFiestaSol likes this.
  8. purk Contributor
    How much would it cost Jim just part wise?

ToroFiestaSol likes this.
  9. JimL11
    Dunno. Congo5 said it cost him $50 in parts but he used some parts from his junk box. plus a spare KGBH PS he had lying around. So, I'm guessing around $200 plus circuit boards, heatsinks and chassis box (which could have the heat sinks). If you use a REALLY fancy box, maybe $37,000. :ksc75smile:

ToroFiestaSol, purk and Whitigir like this.
  10. purk Contributor
    But GeorgeP's spectacular T2 two-box chassis only cost $1500.00......:ksc75smile:

Pokemonn, ToroFiestaSol and HoloSpice like this.
  11. Whitigir
    Lol, the senses of humor in this thread is starting again !

12. antimatter
    You should see his speaker setup. Makes his headphone setup look like peanuts. If I'm not mistaken it contains the two most expensive record players ever made.

13. Whitigir
    Now, that is life my friend....so his speakers are the butter. I got a Peanut, I got a butter, Peanut-Butter, Butter-Peanuts!

14. buzzlulu
    Perhaps Continuum from Australia?
    Most expensive - yes
    Best - no
    I'll stick with my Linn LP12

15. Pokemonn
    alphanumerix1 likes this.
First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next