Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem?
Mar 14, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #739 of 928
  Oh lawd, the "new 009 version" theory strikes again.

Lol, more like "hypothesis" as theories are actually based on evidence. 
smile.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #740 of 928

Based on what data?

MH - the only information I have is what I have read here and on other forums and my personal experience within the last year of having a brand new 007A develop the channel imbalance within several weeks of ownership.  

@mulveling - it was an open ended question intended to elicit dialogue.  I have found in other forums that members with information would often come forward and share what they know, sometimes we would be fortunate to have current or former employees post and we learned quite a bit.

As a general response, it is within the realm of possibility that changes could have been made to the material (mylar I believe) and/or the manufacturing process, designs, etc...  Times move forward, different suppliers, buyouts, etc...  A reasonable question in a thread titled "...channel imbalance trouble driver problem...".  I also read recently that it has popped up on L700's which supposedly use a driver similar to the 009.

Not conspiracy theory gents.  Simply engaging in a public forum on the topic at hand.

HS

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #741 of 928

MH - the only information I have is what I have read here and on other forums and my personal experience within the last year of having a brand new 007A develop the channel imbalance within several weeks of ownership.  

@mulveling - it was an open ended question intended to elicit dialogue.  I have found in other forums that members with information would often come forward and share what they know, sometimes we would be fortunate to have current or former employees post and we learned quite a bit.

As a general response, it is within the realm of possibility that changes could have been made to the material (mylar I believe) and/or the manufacturing process, designs, etc...  Times move forward, different suppliers, buyouts, etc...  A reasonable question in a thread titled "...channel imbalance trouble driver problem...".  I also read recently that it has popped up on L700's which supposedly use a driver similar to the 009.

Not conspiracy theory gents.  Simply engaging in a public forum on the topic at hand.

HS

Just without concrete evidence on the % of units affected per time period, this is anecdotal evidence at best. Plus, remember that typically only the ones who have issues will report them and not the many, many more who haven't had any issues. 
smile.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #742 of 928
Can't we set up a poll directed to 007, 009, and L700 owners (probably not too many L700 owners yet) asking whether they have or have not had a driver problem; if they had, whether they were able to get it fixed; if so, how long did it take to resolve the problem; and if not, what happened. 

Obviously some owners have had these problems, and any potential buyer should be aware of the possibility (and, if he or she wants protection against this, the purchase should be, as was suggested earlier, under warranty protection).  If, however, the problem affects only a small percentage of units, that would be good to know as well.

Mar 14, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #743 of 928
  Can't we set up a poll directed to 007, 009, and L700 owners (probably not too many L700 owners yet) asking whether they have or have not had a driver problem; if they had, whether they were able to get it fixed; if so, how long did it take to resolve the problem; and if not, what happened. 

Obviously some owners have had these problems, and any potential buyer should be aware of the possibility (and, if he or she wants protection against this, the purchase should be, as was suggested earlier, under warranty protection).  If, however, the problem affects only a small percentage of units, that would be good to know as well.

You can read through the users who've experienced the channel imbalance within this thread and count them up. Including steps they've taken to get them fixed and how long it took to resolve the problem.

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #744 of 928

Just without concrete evidence on the % of units affected per time period, this is anecdotal evidence at best. Plus, remember that typically only the ones who have issues will report them and not the many, many more who haven't had any issues. 
smile.gif

I agree. It must be in the low 4% or less, and those that crop up seem obvious within weeks, certainly inside the warranty period. I would forget it and buy the (on e if the best in the world) headphones and enjoy IMO.

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #745 of 928
  You can read through the users who've experienced the channel imbalance within this thread and count them up. Including steps they've taken to get them fixed and how long it took to resolve the problem.

Agreed, but I thought it would be useful to have this all in one place, not spread over 50 pages.   And reading this thread will not tell you how many owners have experienced no problems whatsoever.

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #746 of 928
  Agreed, but I thought it would be useful to have this all in one place, not spread over 50 pages.   And reading this thread will not tell you how many owners have experienced no problems whatsoever.

You are never going to get an opinion pole on this subject. Users who had problems were mostly resolved and are gone i.e. not posting here. Ones who bought the 009, 007s or 507s (hundreds of them) will not bother with this thread.

If you really want an idea you will have to read this thread, it's the only way. My view is it is isolated, low in numbers, and as I said before, almost all problem cases I have heard about or read pop up in weeks after purchase, and thus get resolved via Stax warranty or PJ replacement.

Just buy the thing and chill out, trust me. It is as safe as any other consumer product IMO.

Mar 24, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #747 of 928
Hello everybody, today I bought Stax 009 and SRM 727A(I live in Japan lol). But not complete yet because I don't know best DAC for this setup with budget 1000-1500USD. I very like Teac UD-503. Anybody can help me buy a best desktop DAC with budget 1000-1500?
Here is my setup PC--USB cable DAC---(RCA to RCA cable) Stax 727A--Stax 009. 
And anybody can tell me best cable to conect DAC to AMP (XLR to XLR or RCA to RCA)with budget 200-350USD
Thank everybody

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #748 of 928
I should not post this as I haven't heard it nor the rest of the R2R DACs from schiit actually.

Yet, if I was in your budget range, that would be the first place I would be looking at (Bifrost multibit): http://schiit.com/products/bifrost

cheers,
arnaud

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #750 of 928
  Go the whole hog and get the YGGY, You will eventually, anyway.   Why hang around..?

Second that. It looks like a bargain for the sound on offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back