1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Stax SR-009: Best Headphone Ever Made? - Head-Fi TV, Episode 008

Discussion in 'Head-Fi Network & Industry News' started by jude, Jun 28, 2011.
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last
  1. SoupRKnowva
    Quote:

Haha it continues to bring a smile to my face to see how happy you are with them and how much you like them, and to know i played a part in you getting them :D

...not that my current "value" rig is too far off :p

2. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Quote:

Far from "value rig". [​IMG] I've always wanted a pair of JH13s.

3. SoupRKnowva
    Quote:

lol i was referring to the HE-6s and F1 in lew of the 009s and amp to go with them

i love my JH-13s still, amazing headphones. and i can only imagine how much better they are now with the freqphase and triple bores to match the 16s....id love to hear some

4. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Quote:
    I was referring to both the HE-6/F1 and your JH13s. [​IMG] I previously owned the HE-6s and loved them for the year I had with them.

5. SoupRKnowva
    Quote:

indeed, and i would love to hear the LCD-3s...hopefully that will happen some day not too far in the future. This way i can see why you chose the LCD-3s instead, cuase most of the people who choose the LCD-3s are rock/metal listeners like yourself, whereas most people who prefer the HE-6s prefer other genres...my goal was just getting something as similar to the 009s as possible though, which is what ive got in the 6s, i dont think the LCD-3s are even close tonally

6. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Quote:
    I would say that's a good choice then. The LCD-3s are more "complimentary" to the SR-009s than similar.

7. atistatic
    How much cost if u want the same fidelity that equipment in speaker?

8. HeadphoneAddict Contributor
    Quote:

$25000 ML CLX electrostatic full size speakers would make me about as happy.

9. Currawong Contributor
    I think a good pair of ribbon-tweeter ELACs with appropriate supporting hardware would do it for me. 

10. john57
    I used to have three pairs of Stax headphones and the closest speaker that will match the Stax is my electrostatic Sound Labs but if you do not have the right room you will not be getting all the benefits. Not a issue with headphones.

11. marcus49371
    I thought a 2000-dollar system is expensive. $12000......[​IMG]

12. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Quote:
    You've only been around a short while....give it time and you're thoughts of expensive vs. affordable will change. [​IMG]

13. Yorick1983
    I have tried the 007 earspeakers and I have to say that they sound really great compared to my stax 4040II, which is not really bright, but just lacking a bit in bass.
    The 007 (with it's srm-007tII amp), seemed a bit on the too dark side.
    Could anyone tell me how the 009 compares to the 404 and/or 007 ?

By the way, I'm new here and I listen to headphones only. I wanted the greatest sound that i could afford and I still don't miss listening to a speaker-based music system.

Oh does anyone listen to vinyl on headphones?

14. orky87
    Best or not but some of us with slimmer wallets can only dream i guess.

15. marone

Do I want a car, or possibly the best headphones ever created

Candidate for the best post ever.

First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last