Stax SR-009: Best Headphone Ever Made? - Head-Fi TV, Episode 008
Aug 16, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #226 of 423
Mulberry you have no clue what you're talking about, sorry.  Why don't you tell me what the impedance curve looks like for a K1000 vs an electrostat?

Aug 16, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #227 of 423
I have both palms on my face. And I'm thinking about asking the bartender to put a couple more palms on my face.

The K-1000 is NOT an electrostat. It's a dynamic.

I know. I have one right here.

As for a portable powering it... I'm going to print that out and use it to fertilize the lawn. That's some mighty fine nightsoil. (Caution: do not use nightsoil to fertilize anything you grow as food.)

If you look at the K-1000's owner's manual, it states that you need a power amp (one for speakers) with at least 8W of power.

From personal experience over the past five years of owning a K-1000, that's about right.

Oct 1, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #237 of 423

Quote:
I have both palms on my face. And I'm thinking about asking the bartender to put a couple more palms on my face.
The K-1000 is NOT an electrostat. It's a dynamic.
I know. I have one right here.
As for a portable powering it... I'm going to print that out and use it to fertilize the lawn. That's some mighty fine nightsoil. (Caution: do not use nightsoil to fertilize anything you grow as food.)
If you look at the K-1000's owner's manual, it states that you need a power amp (one for speakers) with at least 8W of power.
From personal experience over the past five years of owning a K-1000, that's about right.

I am not sure how anyone sitting in a bar alone late on a Monday night, viewing head-fi and typing away on his i phone can be condescending!

beerchug.gif

Nothing personal I just find it funny

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #238 of 423
Have any of you guys tried the SR-009 with dubstep?

How is it?

Btw, is the SR--009 the most neutral headphone in existence? From the FR graphs at Innerfidelity the LCD 3 seems more neutral. Anyone who's listened to both here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back