1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Stax SR-009: Best Headphone Ever Made? - Head-Fi TV, Episode 008

Discussion in 'Head-Fi Network & Industry News' started by jude, Jun 28, 2011.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. n3rdling
    Mulberry you have no clue what you're talking about, sorry.  Why don't you tell me what the impedance curve looks like for a K1000 vs an electrostat?

2. Uncle Erik Contributor
    I have both palms on my face. And I'm thinking about asking the bartender to put a couple more palms on my face.

The K-1000 is NOT an electrostat. It's a dynamic.

I know. I have one right here.

As for a portable powering it... I'm going to print that out and use it to fertilize the lawn. That's some mighty fine nightsoil. (Caution: do not use nightsoil to fertilize anything you grow as food.)

If you look at the K-1000's owner's manual, it states that you need a power amp (one for speakers) with at least 8W of power.

From personal experience over the past five years of owning a K-1000, that's about right.

3. Lil' Knight
    lol... the danger of being newbie.

4. ericohgb
    No... it's not that bright. But it's a lot brighter than using the 007.

Quote:

5. leafhound
    The SR-009 are fairly priced given they are at the very top end of headphones, it's nothing like paying out $57,000.00 for a Meridian DSP80000 speaker,

6. SabreWulf69
    Where is that random dubstep at the end of the video from?

7. joe Administrator
    It's from a track by Twis7 called "Ghetto Bass - Original Mix" from the Bass Rinse EP.  It's used courtesy of Play Me Records.

8. acetate
    ****...i wish i strike lottery today!

9. SkyKidFalken
    should I get the Blue Hawaii or the Woo GES for electrostatic headphones

10. shinystuffbuyer
    There is no denying the value proposition of these beauties. Affordability makes the difference.

11. Swimsonny
    wow they look awesome, would love to hear them.

12. John2e Contributor

Quote:
    I am not sure how anyone sitting in a bar alone late on a Monday night, viewing head-fi and typing away on his i phone can be condescending!

[​IMG].

Nothing personal I just find it funny

13. Siva108
    Have any of you guys tried the SR-009 with dubstep?

How is it?

Btw, is the SR--009 the most neutral headphone in existence? From the FR graphs at Innerfidelity the LCD 3 seems more neutral. Anyone who's listened to both here?

14. AlvinS
    there is no best, but always better

15. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Quote:
    Not so....I agree with Jude. These are simply the best cans I've heard....period.

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last