Stax SR-007 Omega II and EIFL
Apr 11, 2002 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JohnActon

Put Ray Kimber Jr. through college
Based upon posts both here and over at Headwize regarding the great deal that was to be had by ordering Stax products through EIFL, I e-mailed Koji Wakabayashi and obtained a price of $1400 and some change for a pair of the Stax Omega II's (this price included both the $100+ credit card surcharge and shipping).

Well, while that remains a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a pair of headphones, it was too good to pass up. I ordered a pair from Koji and received them three business days later, air-mailed from Japan.

Koji and EIFL were very nice to deal with and were very prompt and courteous and professional. I never experienced any trepidation in ordering from them.

I haven't had much of a chance to listen to them extensively, and there may be a break-in period. I also completely agree with Vert that it takes some time to really familiarize oneself with the sound of a component, so I don't want to post any impressions, just yet.

That said, I will be sure to write up a review in the near future!

Apr 11, 2002 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 6
This is the price for the headphones only (without the amp)? Did you happen to obtain a price quote for the matching amp (SRM-007t )?

By the way, I've just recently ordered the SR-001MK2 from Koiji and can confirm that I received excellent service/pricing from him also.

Thx

Apr 11, 2002 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 6
John,

Thanks for the information. What amp are you using with the Omega II? I heard the full Omega system at CES, and fell in love with it. However as you say, its price is a bit on the silly side.

--Andre

Apr 11, 2002 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 6
Sorry, no idea on the pricing of the amps, unfortunately. I already own the SRS-4040 (Signature II) system, so I'm continuing to use the 006t amp that came with that combo. I'm sure that the 007t and 717 amps are better, but I don't have any cash for that kind of stuff. The Omegas seem to work just fine with the 006t, so I'm not going to worry about it (yet, at least).

Apr 11, 2002 at 10:49 PM Post #5 of 6
John, it's good to hear from you again.
wink.gif
Please do cue us in on how the Omegas go. I'm still wondering if it's worth shooting for a Omega system to compliment my dynamic system, which is pretty much complete and perfected at this point.

Also feel free to PM me with any tidbits of info when you finally reach that point where you can't keep it in anymore and just have to tell somebody what you think about the Omegas, but don't want to do it publically.
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 13, 2002 at 9:03 PM Post #6 of 6
Yes, it's certainly been awhile (not as long as it's been since anyone's heard from Darth, though - what happened to him?)

So far, with perhaps one (minor) reservation that may be ameliorated with break-in (of the phones or my perceptions, or both), they are truly excellent. They take all the great qualities of my Signature II's, better them significantly, and then totally eliminate any of the issues I had with the 404's. I will definitely put together an in-depth review.

I really wish I had a chance to listen to the R10's, so that I could make some specific comparisons that would be meaningful to you, personally. As it is, I really can only compare them to my other phones with which I have lots of experience, the HD 600's and the 404's. I'll let you know, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back