Stax SR-007 Mk1 HELP urgently needed!
Nov 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

charliex

Headphoneus Supremus
HELP!  Thanks to my pet cat (Kayo), a sudden  jump off the couch, a snagged SR-007 Mk2 headphone cable on his way off the couch, a headphone on the floor ….. So now I get intermittent and highly annoying one or both channels cutting in and out so as to make use basically unlistenable.  I contacted a few Stax mafia members and here is their diagnosis:
The issue you just described sounds like the cable has been stressed at the junction near the cable and driver entry. This is normally caused by cable stress such as accidentally snagging the cable around the desk or chair which damages the cable. The Stax crowd here knows this phenomenon very well. I do not recommend opening the headset yourself unless you intend to complete a DIY job.
Sooooo .. I’ve only had the SR-007 for a few weeks and I’m desperately asking if there is anyone out there that can handle a DIY job as described.  I most certainly pay for all shipping charges and will even pay a fair fee for your services.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Oh, and the cat is still with us 
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Hello my friend - thanks for your recommendation, however, the request I made was from over 6 years ago. The community here is phenomenal ! A member here replied immediately back then and offered to repair my 007 for FREE :smile_phones: .He ordered a new cable from Stax which I naturally paid for. I shipped off the headphones to the US (I'm from Canada), and I got back a perfectly repaired Stax SR-007 !

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 5
Hello my friend - thanks for your recommendation, however, the request I made was from over 6 years ago. The community here is phenomenal ! A member here replied immediately back then and offered to repair my 007 for FREE :smile_phones: .He ordered a new cable from Stax which I naturally paid for. I shipped off the headphones to the US (I'm from Canada), and I got back a perfectly repaired Stax SR-007 !
Thats nice, Head fi community is very friendly, unlike some other similar audio forum...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back