Why does the inside look so nasty?

-Alex-

May 15, 2006 at 8:52 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
5d_3.JPG

Why does the inside look so nasty?

-Alex-

The drivers are placed facing backwards, rather than towards the pinna (along the same lines as the K1000 at full spread). To prevent annoying reverb they have an absorbive foam layer inside them. It makes them look ugly inside, not that the outside looks much better.

When it comes to looks, give me an SR-Omega or a 4070 any day.

May 15, 2006 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 10
damn all this only shipping to europe
frown.gif

I'd like to get ahold of some lambda pros.. is it best to just wait on ebay? any dealers with prices that aren't crazy?

May 15, 2006 at 9:43 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by xantus
damn all this only shipping to europe
frown.gif

I'd like to get ahold of some lambda pros.. is it best to just wait on ebay? any dealers with prices that aren't crazy?

Normally, about 4-6 Lamdbas go up on ebay and the 'gon on any given month, and about half as many pop up on yahoo japan. There's plenty of choose from.

What would you rate as "non crazy prices"? I've seen lambda pros go for ~$200, but that's only in rare cases. Usually prices in the $300-500 range are the norm.

May 15, 2006 at 10:41 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma
Dammit, there was a lambda pro going for $50 once. Bidding on it costed me my old ebay account
rolleyes.gif

What's an ebay account in exchange for a $50 L-P!
biggrin.gif

You should have just asked him to ship it to a friend in the US (or whereever he was located). He'd never be any wiser if you didn't tell him you were in Malaysia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back