Stax Omega
Mar 31, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Wmcmanus
I'll know much more when my new toys from Nik arrive (Angstrom and Egmont) which should be very soon.

You bought Nik's Egmont as well as his Angstrom,you must be the amp king now
eek.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #17 of 19
I've begun to notice they do sound a bit underpowered not just in terms of volume, even without hearing the (whatever nickname K. Gilmore's amps have right now). That much is apparent. But having them warmed up for a while always loosens them up a bit and I don't really care after that. I just stick a lively album on the CD player before I put them on, and listen away. I'm in sonic equilibrium with the even-handed rendition of the SR-007/SRM-007t combination. I think this kind of sound is pretty good for my home uses, so it's going to be a while before I go knocking on zzz's door.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Rob N
You bought Nik's Egmont as well as his Angstrom,you must be the amp king now
eek.gif

Wayne must be celebrating his birthday early this year
tongue.gif

Snake: My Omega's also took between 200-300 to burn in. They did gradually improve with burn in however there was a point where all of a sudden they turned on and decided to play music. They turned into an entirely different headphone once they burned in. A lot of times when I see negative impressions of Omegas it reminds me of how my headphones sounded before break-in. I imagine the same thing happens with the 404's.

I have found sonic bliss with the Omega II's and KGSS. FWIW, I now have very little desire to own an R-10, even though it creates a different perspective that I really enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back