Stax Omega II better than Orpheus?
Jul 11, 2002 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bogo2

Head-Fier
Hello

Stax had a new headphone. The Stax Omega 2 System. Is it better than Sennheiser Orpheus? What is the price of the High-End Stax Omage 2 ( with tube Amplier SRM 007t ) ?

Jul 11, 2002 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 7
Do a search on it. I know someone on here has both and likes the orpheous better...

Jul 11, 2002 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by bogo2
Hello

Stax had a new headphone. The Stax Omega 2 System. Is it better than Sennheiser Orpheus? What is the price of the High-End Stax Omage 2 ( with tube Amplier SRM 007t ) ?

Ask to Jatinder, he has both these cans... but he haven't more the Omega !!!

Jul 11, 2002 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 7
I've heard both and, while I'm not a fan of the Orpheus, it smoked the Stax Omega IIs with the tube driver (007t?). The Stax (both setups I heard) were WAY to bright and sibiliant to the point it acually hurt my ears. The Orpheus was warm and musical and flowing though it lacked detail (yes, I did say that) and is insanely priced for what you get. Put another way, the Orpheus would have been a good deal around $2000 USD.

Jul 12, 2002 at 12:12 AM Post #7 of 7
What else can be better than the Big O....
In my opinion, the Stax has no chance of beating it although I think its the amp thats limiting its ability. I wonder how the Kevin Gilmore amp or Darthnut's ultra rare T2 amp + Omega 007 competes with Big O.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back