Stax Omega 2 for small peopel?
Jul 13, 2002 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bogo2

Head-Fier
Hello. When somebody can speak german, pleas make a translation:

Ich habe neu den Omeg II mit Tube Amplier 007t. Nun. Der Sound ist grossartig. ABER! Bei Leuten mit schmäleren Köpfen hat man einen zu geringen Anpressdruck und der Kopfhöhrer rutscht hin und her! Anpassen kann man ihn nur an die Ohrform und Kopfform. Aber es gibt keien Einstellung um ihn enger oder breiter zu machen. Das Schlimme ist, das bei den Bässen deshalb immer andere Frequenzen kommen, sobald der Höhrer ein wenig verrutscht. Für mich beschämend, dass man bei einem Kopfhöhrer für 6800 Franken dies nicht einstellen kann!

Evt. gibt es der Höhrer in den Japanversion kleiner? Was nützt ein Höhrer der nicht passt? Hat hier auch jemand ein kleiner schamler Kopf und dieses Probem mit dem Omega II auch?

Andy

Jul 13, 2002 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 4
Translation of Andy's German text:

I have a brand-new Omega II with tube amplifier 007t. Well, the sound is great. But for people with a small head the pressure is too low, the cans are sliding laterally! They can only be adjusted to the shape of ears and head, not narrower or wider to match to the head size. The bad thing: thus the frequency response, especially concerning low frequencies, varies according to the momentary position. It's a shame that for the price of 6800 Swiss francs no such adjustment is possible!

Maybe there's a smaller Japanese version? What's worth headphones which don't fit! Anybody with a small head who has the same problem?

Andy

Jul 14, 2002 at 6:38 AM Post #3 of 4
The Omega 2's are uncomfortable for me too. The rotating earcups don't sit right on my head, making it difficult to form a seal. I can see how it would be even worse for people with smaller heads. I don't know why Stax designed them the way they did, but it's a huge turnoff for me. The other Stax headphones, although not as pretty, are much more comfortable with their rectangular earpieces. They actually have some tension in them. Maybe you can try adding some sort of pad between your head and the headband?

Jul 14, 2002 at 7:41 AM Post #4 of 4
Hmmmm. That's interesting. I don't have very a big head, and my Omega II's fit fine (of course, I don't move around when I listen; maybe you're moving around frequently).

Are they used? Maybe they've become stretched out by some Frankenstein who owned them previously.

If they're new, the only suggestion I have besides Moo's idea regarding padding the the ear cushions, is to contact Stax to see if they make larger cushions for smaller folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back