STAX LAMBDA NOVA BASIC + SRM-XH
Sep 8, 2001 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

wab

500+ Head-Fier
I have seen this combo for $140. Is it any good? How does it rank in the Stax line-up? The guy sais it's 1,5 years old, could this be true?
Some comments before tomorrow would be highly appreciated!

Sep 8, 2001 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 11
look here:http://www.stax.co.jp/ENG/NOVA-SYS-E.html

Bsys.JPG

I think it's the previous line, and the lowest model from that line.

I don't know **** about Stax's tho, just that I want one
biggrin.gif

140$ sounds like a nice price, but I wouldn't buy it without a listen and a look anyway. see if it's okay, if yes, go for it!

edit: no, just get it. if you don't like it, I'll trade you a joystick, a gamepad (microsoft freestyle) a broken mouse, an old walkman, an old pair of comp speakers, a voodoo graphics card, my Donald Duck collection, my Suske&Wiske collection and all my Kijk magazines since 1997 for it
smily_headphones1.gif
and f100,-!

oh, and it's black, the best looking Stax (excluding the Omega ofcourse).

Sep 9, 2001 at 11:44 AM Post #3 of 11
Thanks Braver! I think this could be a really good deal. the auction ends tonight and I will try to get it.
I too have heard a Stax system some time ago, dunno what type it was but it sounded really really good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2001 at 4:04 PM Post #4 of 11
hmmm.. I think I'm not going to buy it.
frown.gif
I would have to upgrade my source and cables too and I am still very happy with my HD495's. I'm gonna buy a few CD's instead.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 9, 2001 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 11
man, they'll outright kill your 495's! yeah, they'll show source, but you got a cd6000. plenty of quality for a while. were you there when Vert tried the Classic out of his soundcard? now thats not a somethign a Stax likes
smily_headphones1.gif
and remeber, 10% of the system for cables, should be quite resonable.

a Stax Basic for less than 25% of retail price...why don't I have any moneyy at moments like this??

Sep 9, 2001 at 7:06 PM Post #6 of 11
CDs are good tho. not as once-in-a-lifetime like this deal, but good nonetheless...
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2001 at 10:38 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

were you there when Vert tried the Classic out of his soundcard? now thats not a somethign a Stax likes

Ya know, I still don't regret having done that...sure I wasn't getting the best the Stax could be doing, but nonetheless it was apparent that even if I had upgraded to some $5000 CDP, that lower end treble sting wasn't going to go anywhere, since that was just part of the Lambda headphones, as confirmed by Darth Nut. A part that I did not like at all.

In the end, I very glad I sold it off and redirected the money towards my current Sony MDR-R10...the R10 is a much bigger pleasure to listen to.

Sep 10, 2001 at 8:39 AM Post #9 of 11
If anyone is interested: 5 mins before closing time it looked like I was going to win the auction, but the price sky-rocketed in the last minute so I didn't get it.
frown.gif

Sep 10, 2001 at 8:47 PM Post #11 of 11
I have the 495s......and they are good enough for me.

It sux, tho......I have this urge to upGrado! Not upgradsenn - upGrado!

And I haven't heard them.......

Oh wait - I forgot.

I don't have enough money for an RS-1, Holmes-Powell, and kick-ass rebook CD player.

So my PCDP, Penguin Amp (YAY!!!), and 495s are fine for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back