Stax lambda NB - Left side seems weaker - Help
Jun 30, 2011 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5
I've had my stax setup for a while, and I've always felt that the left side was slightly weaker.  I blamed it on my amp for the longest time, but It may not be the problem.  I would like to find the problem once and for all.  First, I would like to rule out or confirm that its the stax setup.

I am using an srd7sb energizer with my amp, and sr-lambda normal bias cans.

Is there a way to test both the energizer and the cans to see if the signal is balanced properly?  I have tested resistance on a pair of sr5nb before, so I assume that will be similar.  But what about the energizer?  I'd love to find out if its working as it should.

Here is the pinout diagram that I have, without the nb bias pin.

Thank you in advance.

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 5
I would be totally down with that idea, if I knew anyone else in my area with normal bias stax.  I'm fairly confident that it is either the cans themselves, or the energizer, because I have tried a few different amps.  the effect is subtle, but noticeable.  I still have to test the resistance in the cable, but I'm pretty sure the cable is fine.  I dont notice any changes at all when the cable is flexed at various points.  I'm considering resoldering the connections in the cans.  If I cover up the diaphragm with foil or something, I shouldnt have to worry about solder or flux damage.  I'm going to try a few other things first though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back