STAX comes to Melbourne for all Australian Head-Fiers
Nov 11, 2011 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Gwarmi

Headphoneus Supremus

Hey all,

Thought some of you may have been growing weary of trying to source this elusive Japanese headphone
 make from overseas to Australia yourselves, and that's even before you have to deal with the step-down
 converters!

Addicted to Audio in Kew, Melbourne have announced that they will now take STAX orders as of
 next week. Demo units are still being sourced but an order can be placed for any model that you
 wish.

STAX Omega MkII and the STAX SR-009 can be sourced via 'express freight' from Japan for
 those who wish to have the very best from STAX as soon as possible.

Consideration will be given in future to sourcing the Woo Audio GES but for the time being
 the full range of STAX driver units are available upon order including the SRM-600.

I'll keep this thread alive with updated developments but anyone truly interested is
 recommended to call George directly at Addicted to Audio for the best 'price du jour'.

Stax driver units are manufactured specifically for the Australian market and are 240V/50Hz spec, not 220V or
switchable.  All Stax products are shipped to Australia, listing the Australian Distributor identification and warranty is
only valid here for products purchased here.

Nov 11, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 21
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif
eek.gif
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
cool.gif
bigsmile_face.gif
floatsmile.png
dt880smile.png
jecklinsmile.gif
popcorn.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #6 of 21

Pricing will be a little pricey but I'm sure any perceptive soul can see why that may be
with importation and distributorship.

Bottom line is that George is prepared to offer these units with full onus and Australian
warranty if you have an issue down the track which is always a good thing 
smile.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #8 of 21

Quote:
Why do all Australian headphone stores locate in Melbourne?  They already have Australian Open, F1, Melbourne Cup etc...
We need a store in Sydney!

You've got the Audio Technica store and DJ Warehouse.

Flights are cheap though if you're serious about an SR-009!

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Flights are cheap though if you're serious about an SR-009!

Hehe Addicted to Audio will get back to me in a day or two with the pricing.

Fingers crossed that it's cheaper than an SR-009 from Japan + the return flight. The price at Woo/elusive is juuust about that much, so unfortunately, there's a low chance of the Aussie pricing being better.
frown.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #12 of 21

Quote:
Hehe Addicted to Audio will get back to me in a day or two with the pricing.

Fingers crossed that it's cheaper than an SR-009 from Japan + the return flight. The price at Woo/elusive is juuust about that much, so unfortunately, there's a low chance of the Aussie pricing being better.
frown.gif

Not sure if he will email you during weekends but he might. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #13 of 21

Quote:
Not sure if he will email you during weekends but he might. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Hey Everyone,
We do try and email / reply 7 days a week and promptly too.  I just have to go into the store to check the price lists first and with Stax we are governed by the Australian Distributors pricing, but you know we are here to offer support and warranty service both before and after the purchase. 
gs1000.gif

I will be in touch after 12:00 tomorrow.

Cheers,

George

Users who are viewing this thread

Back