stax availability
Apr 2, 2006 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

daycart1

Ceremonial old guy, bifocals and all.All the philosophy he can muster can't solve the mysterious double-post.
I see that the Stax line of headphones (and amps) is now available from Elusive Disc. I wonder if this is the start of general availability here in the US?

Apr 2, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #2 of 4
I think that Stax has always been available in the U.S., but at prices that drove most purchasers to various gray market sellers (koji, audiocubes, pricejapan). I think that the gray marketeers have, in turn, caused some U.S. retailers to introduce some price flexibility into the equation. You'll still pay more by buying from an authorized retailer, but you'll have the comfort of a two year warranty as well.

By the way, it should be noted that Head-Fi sponsor Moon Audio is now an authorized retailer, from whom I just received my Omega IIs
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2006 at 7:31 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
equation You'll still pay more by buying from an authorized retailer, but you'll have the comfort of a two year warranty as well.
biggrin.gif

At $2199 for the Omega, and especially $529 for the 404 from Elusive Disk, It may be now worthwhile to purchase from an authorized US dealer, not only for the two year warranty, but for after warranty service that you would not get for a grey market purchase. The North American distributor will not repair anything that they did not import, even if you are willing to pay for it. And they do check serial numbers. But the amplifiers are still priced high considering what you can get from HeadAmp and other third party manufacturers. I do not know if the price reductions are world wide or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back