STAX 007A - COMPARISONS WITH OTHER PHONES - STAX 404 and SIGMA/404
Dec 20, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #46 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by wink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to be sure Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle was true - but now, I'm not so sure.
Heisenberg stated that not everything can be known about something (e.g. our universe) whilst we area part of it.
So. to know the true nature of it, we would have to be able to observe it from a remote location.
Or something remotely like that.......

I'm kind of uncertain about what you're saying here.

Jan 22, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #47 of 48
I have the O2s mkII and the Sigma pros. I prefer the Sigmas most of the time because I can forget I have headphones on my head and that music is coming out of cans. The O2s are great for dynamic music. I need both of them though to be musically satisfied. I wonder since years how the original Omegas (1) sound. Any comments ???

Claude

Jan 22, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #48 of 48
The Omega1s have a brighter sound than either the O2 or the Sigma Pro with a big headstage but not with the ultra-precise imaging or the deep bass kick of the O2 (if driven properly as the amp is quite important).
General Asylum: REVIEW: Stax SR-Omega vs. SR-007(Omega2) Headphones by darth

I agree on the Sigma Pro as I have them as well but the unusual sound signature might not be suited for everybody, the Sigma/404 probably fixes it to an extent. I like it with vinyl as well because there is significantly less hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back