Static from Essence STX?
Jan 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nStyle

New Head-Fier
When wearing headphones, I am noticing a small amount of audible static coming through after I finish listening to music or pause a video or just turn my audio source off in general. I hear the static for about 5-10 seconds which implies that it is there while the actual audio is actually playing.

Is this normal? It isn't amazingly noticeable, just something I thought I would ask about.

Also in BF3, there is static when I alt+tab the game. Considerably louder.

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 7
Not normal though with some IEM 's of super sensitivity (120db/mw) you may hear some noise. The STX is very quiet here.

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
When wearing headphones, I am noticing a small amount of audible static coming through after I finish listening to music or pause a video or just turn my audio source off in general. I hear the static for about 5-10 seconds which implies that it is there while the actual audio is actually playing.

Is this normal? It isn't amazingly noticeable, just something I thought I would ask about.

Also in BF3, there is static when I alt+tab the game. Considerably louder.

What the hell is "static"?

1: exerting force by reason of weight alone without motion

2: of or relating to bodies at rest or forces in equilibrium

3: showing little change <a static population>

4a : characterized by a lack of movement, animation, or progression b : producing an effect of repose or quiescence <a static design>

5a : standing or fixed in one place : stationary b of water : stored in a tank but not under pressure

6: of, relating to, or producing stationary charges of electricity : electrostatic

7: of, relating to, or caused by radio static

If you mean #7 then please elaborate. It's OK to make noises like a duck, or pretend to be a woman describing the noise her car makes when it malfunctions.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote: Wikipedia

Static has several meanings:

1. Static electricity, a net charge of an object
    1. The triboelectric effect, e.g. from shoes rubbing carpet
  2. White noise, a random signal with a flat power spectral density
    1. Noise (radio), a type of radio interference
    2. Noise (video), the snow seen on a TV screen
  3. Statics, a branch of physics concerned with physical systems in equilibrium
    1. Fluid statics, the science of fluids at rest
  4. Static pressure, a concept in aircraft instrumentation and fluid dynamics
    1. Static port, a sensor used on aircraft to measure static pressure
  5. Static spacetime, a spacetime in which the geometry does not change

Obviously you missed something when you used Google.

I'm sure the vast majority understands what I am saying.

Anyone?

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #6 of 7
What power supply/mainboard do you have? Or is this common for the pci-express version of this card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back