Starving Student Millett Hybrid PCB Step-By-Step Build Guide
Sep 27, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #31 of 81
I arranged parts. I finished producing.

The voltage necessary for the vacuum tube did not go out, and the sound was not emitted.
confused.gif

The pattern was chased, and parts were checked.
The AC adaptor is not CISCO. No be known probably because of that.
CISCO's adaptor is obtained now.

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #33 of 81
Obtaining the case and Japan's heat sink is difficult.

The stopping and case are being produced using alternative parts such as TAKACHI.
It worries about whether it goes well because it is CISCO 48V200mA though the AC adaptor was ordered yesterday.

Do 10kΩ and A curve Pot (LOG)?
As for the ALPHA product, because obtaining is difficult, substitution Pot is scheduled to be used.
It is expensive though can easily obtain if Diji-Key is used when thinking about the exchange rate.

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:53 AM Post #37 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great job Tom, one of these days I'll get my pcb done and running... one day
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks, Smeggy - I'm sure it'll look awesome when you do ... like the rest of your work.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #38 of 81
Just found this thread, amazing work Tom.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #39 of 81
Great work. Perfect tutorial for beginners DIYers
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:09 AM Post #40 of 81
excellent guide and by the sounds of peoples opinions its a good little amp too
smily_headphones1.gif
I would be very interested in building one in the future, thank you for the guide!

oh yeah, and +1 for the B22 guide
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #41 of 81
I find that an easier way to separate the two parts of the tube socket is to drill from the bottom slightly off-center. This should weaken the flange on the bottom part of the pin, which you can then easily tear off with pliers.

Nov 22, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #42 of 81
I spent the whole night tonight trying to separate the socket without a drill because i don't have one, and I broke two of them already, and a screw driver. The socket is just unbelievably brittle.

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #43 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by choka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spent the whole night tonight trying to separate the socket without a drill because i don't have one, and I broke two of them already, and a screw driver. The socket is just unbelievably brittle.

Yep - sorry to hear it, but that's why I drill mine. Some people are able to do the screwdriver thing without a problem. I don't know how, though.
frown.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #44 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know how, though.
frown.gif

Maybe you just sent me two really good sockets
confused.gif

I started with a spudger (plastic tool used for opening electronics cases without damaging them) and switched to a small flat head once they were opened up a bit. I definitely don't recommend trying it this way (as apparently very few people have had success) but if you're desperate I can confirm that it's possible.

Nov 22, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #45 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juaquin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I started with a spudger (plastic tool used for opening electronics cases without damaging them) and switched to a small flat head once they were opened up a bit. I definitely don't recommend trying it this way (as apparently very few people have had success) but if you're desperate I can confirm that it's possible.

May be the ones I've received are different. The whole socket cracked after I try to pry them apart.

And the ridiculous thing is, after the socket has cracked, I am left with just the pin. I hold the two sides of the pin with two pliers and try to pull them apart. They just refuse to separate... I am not a super strong muscular guy but I am still almost 6-2 and not THAT weak...
frown.gif

I don't know what to do now. I broke two and I still have two left. I feel unethical to "borrow" a drill for one time use for this, but on the other hand I don't think I have a choice, since Tom doesn't have the time to drill it for me before he sent it out because he has such a lot of order to handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back