Starting my transportable setup
Mar 16, 2006 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SlickRicky

New Head-Fier
Hey all...in conjunction with my "should i pick CD3000 vs. A900LTD.?" post, I wanted to know which amp y'all would recommend to go with either one of these headphones? I have a 30 gb 5g ipod with sikdin that is coming in about 3 day s (fingers crossed) for complete portable and a Sony D5 that I purchased recently for a non-moving setup. I listen to jazz and some heavy metal (I know, werid mix). Any suggestions?

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Check out the Xin's website for the mini or the supermacro. Two other options would be AE-1 or SR-71.

Do you prefer any of these four over the other? And if so, why? I've been looking for a more portable solution for my Z-Audio Lambda and the AE1's weren't quite up my alley. Incidentally, Slick if you're looking for a nice "transportable amp" - the Z-Audio Lambda's are a pretty good solution IMHO. They sure do synergize nicely with the A900LTD's (seems to bring out all the goodness out of these phones and definitely helps lessen the recessiveness (is that a word?) of the mids) even if they sound good without an amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back