Starting a webite for free?
May 21, 2004 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
OK, I'm ignorant here, but I assume there must be ways to start your own website for free. I am hoping for free software that is easy to use to set up your own site, along with web space that is free. All in all I'm not completely sure what I'm asking for, but I want to be able to set up my own site, and be able to use sophisticated software for making it "professional" in appearance and function.

I realize that "free space" may be separate from "free software" to set up my site, but what are the recommendations for this endeavor???

Anyone???

Mark

May 21, 2004 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 4
If you would have asked this question 5 yrs ago it would be totally free..

Today if you need a professional site with 500 mb of hosting expect to for up $400 then atleast $20 monthly and $12 on top of that yearly..

May 21, 2004 at 12:43 AM Post #3 of 4
Tripod, Angelfire, and a number of other places offer free space for websites. Unfortunately, many of them have pop-up ads and such for visitors, and of course bandwidth restrictions.

May 21, 2004 at 11:36 AM Post #4 of 4
Stay on the look-out for deals. At then end of last year, I got a website with 1and1 for free that lasted 3 years, domain not included (it was a s123432324.com kind of a thing). All I pay is just $5/year for my domain from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back