Starting a desktop set up
Dec 30, 2013 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Retrias

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, I was going to go off to start a desktop setup totally separate from my portable set up, so I have a budget of 200 usd (starting small here) , and only searching for a dac amp
I am considering something like the topping d2+ or the D3 or something like the fiio e09k (I already have the e17), either one of those three, is there are a clear "better" between them ? Any other dac/amp you can suggest me at that price range ? I would be using the beyer dt770 pro , but would be getting either an LCD2 or an alpha dog  somewhere next year, is it possile for dac/amp at that price range to scale that high?

thank you beforehand

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 3
  Hi, I was going to go off to start a desktop setup totally separate from my portable set up, so I have a budget of 200 usd (starting small here) , and only searching for a DAC amp
I am considering something like the Topping D2+ or the D3 or something like the Fiio E09K (I already have the E17), either one of those three, is there are a clear "better" between them ? Any other dac/amp you can suggest me at that price range ? I would be using the Beyer DT770 Pro , but would be getting either an LCD2 or an alpha dog  somewhere next year, is it possible for DAC/amp at that price range to scale that high?

Keep using the FiiO E17 with the computer, sell off the DT770 and buy the Audio Technica ATH-A900X ($220), with the Hifiman Velour ear pads ($10+shipping).

Hold off buying any new DAC/Amp until your ready to buy the LCD-2 or Alpha dogs.
Save up for a Audio-GD NFB-15.32 external DAC/amp, $255+shipping.

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 3
Ah yes, about that . While I haven't tried the A900x with the hifiman velours, I have tried the a900x without. I didn't actually like it , I found them a bit on the thinner side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back