Stacker II- Progress? Availability?
Sep 9, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #16 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, I hope the Stacker makes it into the wild soon. It's a really, really nice amp.

Aye...this is the best amplifier I have head thus far..IT never ceases to amaze me and make me shake my head at the sheer musicality that it brings out.

Let it be said that the Stacker is indeed better than the EHHA.
beerchug.gif
I didn't want to admit it..cause i had been smitten by the EHHA for far too long. But everytime i listen to a piece of music on the stacker it is like magic.

And that's saying a lot since I consider the EHHA to be leaps better than what is widely considered the best (read considered reference) SS DIY amp available her on HF...and I am not alone in this observation...eh Smeggy
biggrin.gif

This is going to be a cracker of an amp when it finally gets released to the masses.

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #18 of 44
dBel84,
looks beautiful. i can't wait to build this.

Sep 12, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #21 of 44
I had a stacker II running for about a day before the transistors blew, it was the best sounding amp I have ever heard. I have a couple hundred bucks invested and have been patiently waiting, this will be a giant killer, no kidding. My fear is that it may be going commercial, hope not but if it does I'll buy one. It has tremendous potential.

Sep 12, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #22 of 44
Commercial, as in, available, or commercial as in not DIY, only available from vendors? That would suck
frown.gif
Everyone who has heard it says it's right up there with the best amps they've ever heard (in many cases, the best). I really hope the designers/pcb printers/anyone else involved doesn't gouge the prices because of this.

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #24 of 44
Either way I think folks would be in for a treat...This is by far his finest amp and it would still be a steal if it went commercial.

The sound quality for the $ you spend on it will be highly justified.

Sep 12, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #29 of 44
I don't believe it is known yet if it will be commercial or another DIY amplifier.

As Smeggy says only Alex can answer that..but i believe he is tied up with the Stat amp for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back