SRH 940 Alternatives
May 30, 2012 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

budgetboy

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a neutral, comfortable, closed headphone to be used for music production and listening through a macbook pro and virus ti2 synthesizer. I really like the idea of the SRH 940, but I'm open to other options. Have any suggestions in the $200+ range?

May 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #3 of 7
I am a huge fan of the SRH-940 it has tight bass, amazing midrange, and highs that are intricate and detailed without coming across as harsh or sibilant. One of the best headphones I have owned. The bass is what many find lacking, personally though I find it has enough bass for all but the most reliant genres.

May 30, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #5 of 7
I wear mine with the band forward on my head and it doesn't bother me comfort wise and the rest is very comfortable.

May 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #6 of 7
Wearing it this way looks really stupid though. Besides, it is still uncomfortable no matter what you do. This is why I got rid of mine, even though I liked how they sounded very much...

Obviously, I am willing to believe that some people don't have comfort issues with these cans, but judging by the general internet consensus, these people are in the minority.

Quote:
I wear mine with the band forward on my head and it doesn't bother me comfort wise and the rest is very comfortable.

May 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 7
There's definitely worse than the srh940, in term of comfort , having tried the hd25.
I find them very decent in term of comfort, I'm not sure why people are complaining.
Also modding them helps to increase comfort, although my main reason to mod them was desired  sonical changes (you increase
depth of ear cup, using a rope).

Others suggestions:
beydynamics DT770 or DT880, (many pic from studios, where singer wear such headphones)
hd600 (producer steve hoffman like them, most neutral sennheiser headphone)
german maestro closed models  (marketed for music production, and one of the best built quality you could find).
fostex t50p (marketed for music production, people that mod them swear it's an incredible sound for the price).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back