sr850 or 668b
Jun 3, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #6 of 6
not exactly an audiophile and i havent owned any other headphones so im not sure how i would go about describing the sound.... but as far as the headphone itself goes, its fairly light(light but construction feels solid) fairly comfortable (although i could see bigger pads being a significant improvement) i can see how people might say that the headphones get alittle hot.. could also be improved with padding upgrade?

as far as the sound goes (from my limited knowledge) it has a noticeable sound stage .. better then the m9 earphones i have although its not mind blowing .... when it hits certain highs it can get alittle grainy/staticy.... the bass is noticeable and certainly not lacking but the bass so far just doesnt "slap hella hard" :D not sure if i like it or not as i was fairly partial to the feeling the bass in your chest... the sound is fairly non fatigueing compared to my crappy speakers and cheap earphones...im not sure how i would describe mids or even define them so ill just skip it...

overall these headphones havent disappointed but their not blowing me out of the water .. my biggest issues would prolly be the highs followed by the pads (as i can see room to be considerably improved in both those areas)

keep in mind i havent done alot of listening on these as i just got them.... also they are running out of my computer... no amp/dac/soundcards in sight ... also they are not "burnt in"  not sure if burning in is legit.. some would say that you cant burn in solid state electronics... but audiophiles seem to be very convinced of it... if these get better with time it would be a very pleasant suprise .. i plan on taking a look at any burn-in / equalizer threads around here ... if theres anything i missed let me know (overall i am fairly happy with the phones aside from the highs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back