sr80i: comfies or bowls
Oct 23, 2009 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ueyteuor

1000+ Head-Fier
so i just got my sr80i, was surprised i received it with comfies on it! then i realized, the new sr80 comes with them... so i'm wondering, would it be better if i buy bowls for it? what are the difference on the sr80i? is there more bass with the comfies or bowls? what are the main differences?

Oct 23, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 8
the bowls would probably open the sound more, more detail/clarity in the highs and mids. But you may loose some bass impact, since the ear isn't pressed to the housing when compared to the bowls.

Oct 23, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #4 of 8
My SR80 (the non "i" model) sounds awesome with the bowl pads. I have tried them with comfy pads and do not prefer them. They do give a tad more bass impact but you lose some of the detail like mythless said. The only problem with the bowls is they can become uncomfortable after a while.

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #6 of 8
I've had my SR80i's for a month or so now, and I prefer the bowls over the comfies. The clarity does go up, and I have no problem with bass. You'll find that people do recommend cutting out a hole in the comfies, ranging from the size of a dime to the size of a quarter, which goes to show that they do in fact muffle the sound (even if it is a little bit). Bowl pads FTW.

Oct 23, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #8 of 8
I've tried everything but the flats,and bowls definitely sound the best to me. But it could depend on your source and the age of your ears.
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back