SR71a or Lisa III any thoughts??
Nov 21, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 15
I don't think Lisa3 is a "Porable" amp. You can hear the difference between and LISA3 is really great and better than SR71A, but not day night difference.
Anyway, SR71A is amazing.

Nov 21, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 15
i own both!
if you like the senns hd650 the lisa III is your amp! it is way better than sr71a on these phones. that said, i use sr71a for my ue-11 iems and with these,the sr71a is much better!
it all boils down to synergy!

Nov 21, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #7 of 15
A lot will depend on synergy and what use the amp will get. If you plan on using it as a portable, no question the SR71A would be my choice.

If meant as an stationary amp w/ its PSU then the Lisa might be the way to go. At the prices you are talking you should listen to these amps.

BTW, if you are going portably have you consider the new P51 by Ray?

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 15
I am considering a P51; the 50 discount is enticing but really would like reviews on it first, already jumped too quick on the D3, good amp but not perfect.

So for this next purchase I want to maximize the price performance ratio and prefer user replaceable batteries.

More info please...also Im pushing PL750s

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #9 of 15
SR-71A is an awesome amp. for portability, it's about iPod's size, a bit shorter but thicker. Not too heavy though, even being powered by 2 9V batteries.

I love the sinergy between my iPod + SR-71A + UE TF 10 Pros. It's amazing how music sounds with this rig.

But my HD650s have better sinergy with more neutral amps, such as my 2Move. I hope the Cantate that is on my way can really make this headphone shine. It's in burn-in process, so when it gets here it's ready to go

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by decur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i own both!
if you like the senns hd650 the lisa III is your amp! it is way better than sr71a on these phones. that said, i use sr71a for my ue-11 iems and with these,the sr71a is much better!
it all boils down to synergy!

Well I use even my RSA Hornet over the Lisa 3 for my Triple-fi s too but that is because the Lisa is specifically not made to perform with iems. The literature talks something about that, and super low impedance earphones. I choose the Lisa with everything i have above iems from my Grado SSR225 up to my 650s and my DX-1000s if i can swing the size issue-slide it in my back pocket.

Nov 22, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulybatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am considering a P51; the 50 discount is enticing but really would like reviews on it first, already jumped too quick on the D3, good amp but not perfect.

So for this next purchase I want to maximize the price performance ratio and prefer user replaceable batteries.

More info please...also Im pushing PL750s

Here is that review you wanted:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4975021-post2107.html

According to Skylab the P-51 can run with the big boys.

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #14 of 15
It wouldn't flow well with the ER-4S?
frown.gif
I was planning on pairing the two with an iMod, and use it as both a home-amp and a portable amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back